Looking for suggestions as to some different tunings to play around in. I've mostly just played in DADGAD and DADF#AD as of late, but I'm looking for something new. If you have a favourite tuning or kind of a different, whacky one I'd love to hear it 😃
Last edited by Aiden Cook at Jun 26, 2015,
I often enjoy D A B F# G D, but honestly, use the search function bc there are loads of these threads.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I can respect that

This forum is not busy enough for me to justify closing similar threads
My God, it's full of stars!
BC#EGACEG all the way. The B is between the A and C in terms of pitch.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'd list some of my favourites, but honestly after replying to countless threads of the same topic I can't be Assed anymore, look up some of the older alternate tuning threads, there are plenty.
Does anyone like reentrant tunings on guitar. For those that don't know, they are tunings where the strings aren't in order by pitch, such as banjo, ukulele, or E9 pedal steel.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Aiden Cook
Looking for suggestions as to some different tunings to play around in. I've mostly just played in DADGAD and DADF#AD as of late, but I'm looking for something new. If you have a favourite tuning or kind of a different, whacky one I'd love to hear it 😃

Check out Don Ross- he has a tuning for every song - and they are all gold. I think he has a list of his tunings on his website.
Quote by theogonia777
Does anyone like reentrant tunings on guitar. For those that don't know, they are tunings where the strings aren't in order by pitch, such as banjo, ukulele, or E9 pedal steel.

I haven't been a fan, but I've truthfully never spent much time in one. It wasn't intuitive, I had other stuff to work on, so I backed out of it
My God, it's full of stars!
It's neat because you can strum chords all the different chords. Like I use BC#EGACEG on my lap steel. The B string is tuned between the A and C. I have a full set of 7ths (7, m7, M7, 7b5) and I can strum all of those (plus 6th) except for M7. With the B in the as the 4th string, you couldn't strum anything other than A7, A9, and CM7. But you don't even get to strum a minor chord.

Of course, on a regular guitar you can fret notes anyway so who needs the B string or even low C# for that matter? On the C6 pedal steel, I can raise that A to B or lower C to B. I can also raise the low C to a C#, giving me a more consistent tuning (effectively CEGACEG, but with low CFA added).
Bf#c#dae
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.