Page 1 of 2
I was going to make this yesterday.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-tosses-heckler-lgbt-event-youre-house/story?id=32006474

tl;dr
“He had an opportunity to listen to what I had to say and handle it differently, and that’s just so heartbreaking. I’m just so shocked by the lack of leadership and concern he showed to my community,” Gutierrez said. “I have no words to describe the rage I feel, and it’s a sign of how much work we have to do.”

Because he didn't put up with you yelling at him and interrupting an event and embarrassing yourself? Mhmm okay.
and it’s a sign of how much work we have to do

No, it's a sign that you need to learn some manners and not interrupt people!
I have nothing important to say
Quote by ErikLensherr
“I have no words to describe the rage I feel, and it’s a sign of how much work we have to do.”

More likely it's a sign of his poor vocabulary
My God, it's full of stars!
LGBT. Undocumented. Hispanic.

I threw up in my mouth a little.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm on her side but Obama still handled that the best way he could have tbh.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 26, 2015,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Also what does the Q in LGBTQ stand for?

Qunt

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Ok I googled it, two more questions

How is queer different from gay and lesbian and why am I getting the rainbow thing just for searching 'lgbtq'
Quote by JamSessionFreak

How is queer different from gay and lesbian and why am I getting the rainbow thing just for searching 'lgbtq'

I think "queer" is an umbrella term which makes the whole thing redundant. Or "questioning," as I've heard once.
Free Ali
Free Lard
People often use LGBTQ to mean all of the communities included in the “LGBTTTQQIAA”

“L”esbian
“G”ay
“B”isexual
“T”ransgender
“T”ranssexual
”T”wo-spirited
“Q”ueer
“Q”uestioning
“I”ntersex
“A”sexual
“A”lly

What is this i cant even
Quote by JamSessionFreak
What is this i cant even

Sounds pretty Tumblr to me.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
"Listen, you're in my house" daaaaaaaaaaammn

Quote by JamSessionFreak

It's an umbrella term some people are more comfortable using. It encompasses sexual/gender minorities. I like it more, to be honest. It's what I identify as.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
two spirited?

it's a concept in many indigenous nations, especially in the southwest.
Christ.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by slipknot5678
it's a concept in many indigenous nations, especially in the southwest.

appropriation much

Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jun 26, 2015,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
appropriation much

I don't know what you mean 'cause it's a legitimate concept created by these nations themselves. like, what I've seen of it in my own life has been actual Navajo for legitimate reasons, not Anglo-Saxon 'outsiders' like 'woah that's cool I'm gonna call myself two-spirit now'.

edit: **** look at you making me go all cockatoo.
Quote by slipknot5678
I don't know what you mean 'cause it's a legitimate concept created by these nations themselves. like, what I've seen of it in my own life has been actual Navajo for legitimate reasons, not Anglo-Saxon 'outsiders' like 'woah that's cool I'm gonna call myself two-spirit now'.

edit: ****.

>mfw people ascribe these things to tumblr when they've existed long before that or even the internet, and use the existence of tumblr to de-legitimize these things
>mfw people think the A stands for Ally
oh well

Eh, the way he handled it was certainly amusing. The concerns raised are likely legitimate, but at the end of the day rightful anger isn't going to do much an event like that bc anyone who did that would get thrown out regardless of ideology. A small number of people may actually look into such things, and Obama likely will, too (though I imagine he's fully aware of whatever problems there are).
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by JustRooster
Xiaoxi's BMW is my other spirit.

I'm LGBT...

Lotus GM BMW T...oyota

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm LGBT...

Lotus GM BMW T...oyota

idk the hilux is p much a tank that's something to be proud of
Quote by EndTheRapture51
i was hoping two spirit was like you find out your spirit animal is a bear that is gently holding you in its jaws but then you find out that the bear has a spirit animal of a larger bear that is holding it in its jaws
Quote by Banjocal
idk the hilux is p much a tank that's something to be proud of

The once proud Toyota heritage is all but gone...aside from the FT platform.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm LGBT...

Lotus GM BMW T...oyota

I drive a Nissan and a Ford, and not even cool ones. I'm the sexual equivalent of daytime movies on TNT.
Eh as far as I'm concerned Obama is in the right here. I'm sure they had some legitimate concerns but who honestly thinks that heckling the fucking POTUS while he's trying to talk is gonna get you anywhere? And then trying to play it up by some attack on the trans community as a whole? Please

Quote by Banjocal

>mfw people think the A stands for Ally

To be fair that quote a couple of posts ago had 2 A's, so there's that.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
To be fair that quote a couple of posts ago had 2 A's, so there's that.
Don't really care tbh. A lot of ppl (enough, anyway) think it stands for Allies and it essentially amounts to 'this movement/community that isn't about me? i want it to be about me'.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Don't really care tbh. A lot of ppl (enough, anyway) think it stands for Allies and it essentially amounts to 'this movement/community that isn't about me? i want it to be about me'.

or "i want to support these people", no?
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Correct
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Thrashtastic15
still doesn't make you actually part of a community that is literally for people who aren't straight/aren't cis . It stands for asexual and it's always been for people whoa aren't straight. 'ally' comes second to 'asexual' because 'ally' isn't the focus of the group. And replacing ace with ally isn't really supporting them, either...

And even then, just because a straight/cis person isn't held under the LGBTQA header doesn't mean they can't support it or that their support isn't noted and appreciated.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 26, 2015,
Page 1 of 2