Hello people of the UG forums. I know this is LONG!!!!

Last night I had a gig. Which was kinda good but let me explain this story from the top.

There was a spot in my small town mall that was celebrating their second year in business and they support the arts (that's what there thing is)

They said they need extra entertainment and I said my friend I would (I essentially voluntold him but I told the guy that asked that I'd know for sure the next day)

All is good my friend and I knew what we were going to play. He was going to do acoustic guitar and sing and I was going to lay down the low end on bass.

GREAT!!!!!!

I found out 2 days before the show that he couldn't make it because he needed to help his mom (he's 20 but helping moms I guess is important)

So I contacted the person putting on the show the day of (due to lack of time and lack of memory) about 3 hours before the event started.

He said he didn't care what I played a 20 minute bass solo or what ever (I was essentially relief for the main guy playing guitar and singing)

So I went home from work, got changed into some nicer clothes. Decided literately last send that I was going to bring my applause by ovation acoustic because I didn't want to bring an amp and I showed up to the mall early as hell.

I went to the mall put my guitar back stage and found stationary (Pen and paper) I wrote down what I thought was about 15 minutes worth of music I knew instrumentally (Be full pretty chords or in 5ths)

Well My first set I swear I flopped. I was sweating like a pig and bombed a few parts.

My nerves were from mostly being unprepared. I work at a radio station and go live on air and occasionally talk infront of groups no issue.

Well after my first set I smoked a few smokes and people said it was good.

My second set there was less people there (It was just a small event with free cake as the main attraction) I felt more comfortable even though I went to page two and wrote down what songs I could fake through instrumentally.

Even though I thought I sucked hard

I got re-invited and I got a thank you card with a $10 and a re-invite for a bit higher paying 2 hour (or two 45 minute sets with 15 min breaks) anytime.

Anyone have a similar story or comments?
cool story bro
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
this one time i played the piano and won cash
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
My comment is "learn what you have to play before the gig".
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I have a gig tonight but it's way more interesting than that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
is the Nas thing tonight?
it's all coming back

No. That will be when we have the money but we don't have it now.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
ah shame. still cool though
it's all coming back

We'll have the money at some point during the next year for sure though.