Page 1 of 9
Islamic State is nearly a year old. It celebrates its first birthday on the 29th of June.

What do you think of IS / ISIS / ISIL?

I am going to drop some controversial opinions bombs below. I usually think that every group, even very dodgy ones have a redeeming feature. IS are just shit, destructive, murdering, destroying bastards and if they all died I wouldn't complain.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Not controversial at all. I vote we burn them using everything they've touched as fuel, so in this scenario their redeeming quality is the fact that they've touched oil which would significantly facilitate that burning.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I am going to drop some controversial opinions bombs below. I usually think that every group, even very dodgy ones have a redeeming feature. IS are just shit, destructive, murdering, destroying bastards and if they all died I wouldn't complain.

are you high how is that controversial
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Islamic State is nearly a year old. It celebrates its first birthday on the 29th of June.

What do you think of IS / ISIS / ISIL?

Organizationally, they're older than that -- it's just AQI rebranded.
My God, it's full of stars!
Controversial because usually saying an entire group of people should be rounded up and killed is pretty controversial

But IS should just be rounded up and all shot in the desert somewhere

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Controversial because usually saying an entire group of people should be rounded up and killed is pretty controversial

But IS should just be rounded up and all shot in the desert somewhere

Problem with ISIS is that a large part of the Muslim world supports them. But generally I agree that we should just destroy them. Think the Kurds are doing it quite succesfully as well.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Ok this is now a controversial TRUTH BOMB thread.

the government sucks
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Yeah, **** em. They're evil and they need to be not be alive in this world anymore. I don't think anybody's on the other side of that argument.
Quote by Banjocal
Ok this is now a controversial TRUTH BOMB thread.

the government sucks

woah
Well i don't think the kids who were forced by their parents/others to join should be killed. Like that Australian family where they made the 14 yr old marry her dad's friend.

Also they have made my family less prejudiced against Muslims so that's a good thing.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jun 26, 2015,
Quote by ErikLensherr
Yeah, **** em. They're evil and they need to be not be alive in this world anymore. I don't think anybody's on the other side of that argument.

I think ISIS themselves are. Otherwise this would have been a very easy to solve problem.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I think ISIS themselves are. Otherwise this would have been a very easy to solve problem.

Then why are they blowin themselves up all the time, HMM?
Quote by guitarxo
Well i don't think the kids who were forced by their parents/others to join should be killed. Like that Australian family where they made the 14 yr old marry her dad's friend.

Also they have made my family less prejudiced against Muslims so that's a good thing.

yeah, was gonna say something like this. and I maintain that there are a variety of complex factors that drive some people to join and that defectors who survive escaping with good intent do not deserve to be shot.

but as a whole daesh is shit.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Then why are they blowin themselves up all the time, HMM?

Do they? Thought they were more in the business of decapitating people rather than suicide bombings.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by guitarxo

I don't know how to reply to this. How?
Did you guys know the IS has a swanky hotel?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Neo Evil11
Do they? Thought they were more in the business of decapitating people rather than suicide bombings.

They do, like they sent a bunch of guys into Kobane to rampage and shoot civilians and then blow themselves up when they were cornered.

But their focus is on the territory they control and expanding its borders, so they're not tryna blow up the metro in London or something.

I watched a Vice episode where they went into their country, it looks hella shitty
Quote by Xiaoxi
Did you guys know the IS has a swanky hotel?

just when I thought they couldn't get any more blatantly hypocritical.
Syrian rebels that the US armed to fight Assad that have been re-purposed as controlled opposition and propaganda fodder.
I hope every current and future ISIS member dies painfully.
Quote by Just2340
Syrian rebels that the US armed to fight Assad that have been re-purposed as controlled opposition and propaganda fodder.

LOL I hope this isn't serious you've got me feeling like Xiaoxi when he reads a libtard thread right now.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Problem with ISIS is that a large part of the Muslim world supports them. But generally I agree that we should just destroy them. Think the Kurds are doing it quite succesfully as well.

What? Al Quaeda doesn't even support them.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I don't know how to reply to this. How?

It's kinda horrible but it's when they realized that mosques were being targeted too. I can't really explain how it helped but basically everyone in my family bears a grudge against Muslims because they have attacked my members of my family or their property in the past. But they don't completely hate all Muslims - my mom went to a Muslim school for half of her life and we have lots of family friends who are Muslim - it's just those "other Muslims" they don't like. My grandma is very religious and when I talked to her about all this she said something along the lines of "I don't like what they did to us but everyone should have a safe quiet place to pray." before she would've said something like "good, that's what they did to our temples" or something

edit: and my parents are really into history so their destroying so many historical sites helps them realize even more that these are not the same as the Muslims who live here. I'm glad that they are at least ok with the idea of me visiting iran someday now lol
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jun 26, 2015,
IS aren't that bad they're just standing up for what they believe in. Is that really such a bad thing?
Quote by So-Cal
IS aren't that bad they're just standing up for what they believe in. Is that really such a bad thing?
I'm guessing you're being facetious but humans can rationalise all sorts of shit for the greater good. People will take the 'the death of one person to save 1000' thing to incredible lengths, as a poor but relevant comparison.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by So-Cal

Yes.

You'll have to troll harder than that.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jun 26, 2015,
Quote by Godsmack_IV
What? Al Quaeda doesn't even support them.

They are/were an al Qaida affiliate.
My God, it's full of stars!
I'm sure there are more than a few Muslims who support the idea of an Islamic State as it is mandated by their religion - if I'm not mistaken, this is al Qaida's long term goal as well. However, the fact that ISIS targets other Muslims in their genocide alienates them from even other extremists such as al Qaida.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
I'm sure there are more than a few Muslims who support the idea of an Islamic State as it is mandated by their religion - if I'm not mistaken, this is al Qaida's long term goal as well. However, the fact that ISIS targets other Muslims in their genocide alienates them from even other extremists such as al Qaida.

Plus they just changed islamic rules anyway. Or is raping children and then beheading them in the Quran?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jun 26, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Plus they just changed islamic rules anyway. Or is raping children and then beheading them in the Quran?

Ummm, that's just the first chapter...
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Ummm, that's just the first chapter...

Then outlaw Islam.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Then outlaw Islam.

Good luck with that. IS has means, motive, and opportunity and they are in this for the long haul. They are just getting started and we are facing a repeat of the Islamic Jihad from 800-1500 AD. I'd say much of southern Europe is at risk again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spbCh9K3qlY
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Good luck with that. IS has means, motive, and opportunity and they are in this for the long haul. They are just getting started and we are facing a repeat of the Islamic Jihad from 800-1500 AD. I'd say much of southern Europe is at risk again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spbCh9K3qlY

Once they get close to EU/NATO territory they will get fvcked.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Cajundaddy

That seems pretty sensationalized. The only reason they've been able to put down roots is because of the instability in their immediate neighbourhood. Syria is in civil war and Iraq is not that far off, at the very least they're very divided. They don't even come close to threatening someone like Israel or Iran.

Have they even reached the coast yet?