have an epiphone Les Paul. Will upgrading the bridge and tail piece help? If so is one from guitarfetish do the job or do I need a gotoh? Are the tuners good on these guitars or can I do better? Once again is guitarfetish comparable to the big brands? And are the tuners on this guitar need upgraded?
What model of Epiphone Les Paul are we talking about?

If the tuners are Grovers, you'll be fine with keeping them. Tuners are very rarely the cause of poor tuning stability anyway.

The bridges on Epiphones are also quite good too.

Generally, replace the pickups, the pots, switch, output jack and the string nut if you need to mod an Epiphone.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What model of Epiphone Les Paul are we talking about?

If the tuners are Grovers, you'll be fine with keeping them. Tuners are very rarely the cause of poor tuning stability anyway.

The bridges on Epiphones are also quite good too.

Generally, replace the pickups, the pots, switch, output jack and the string nut if you need to mod an Epiphone.

+1

What I don't get is why the non-Japanese market models have the molested/bizarro headstocks.
SOME not all guitarfetish stuff is good, the site gets a lot of response on here. I'd suggest their roller bridge which is a copy of a Schaller one if anything. It won't let you do dives or anything. Pretty much my understanding is the rollers under each saddle make it harder to break strings , maybe better tuning stability and it's easier on the hands when palm muting.

if you are comfortable with a soldering iron you could swap all the pots and copper shield the entire guitar but for now if the guitar is new just mess around and break it in, see what the guitar really needs. I hate how most companies big marketing word is sustain. Anyone else agree with me?

24 AWG wire
CTS pots
paper in oil capacitors or orange drops which come up a lot on here 0.047uf for humbuckers too, 0.022uf for single coils.

yeah if the tuners are grovers keep them. I've had/seen grovers from the 70s or 80s and they still worked. I've had a few tuners in guitars I fixed up actually fall apart where the gear that rotates actually fell out. People will say a graphtech tusq nut helps as well as a professional setup too.

a tailpiece is a tailpiece to me. I always like to say heavier parts are better but if the "winner" brand Gibson is using ones as weightless and all as say cheap chinese ones it's not worth the swap unless you change colors.
If the tuners hold tuning don't worry about them. The cdheapest tuners I've ever had are the old open back jobs on my 1966 Harmony and late 40's Electromuse lap steel, both still working perfect. I've never had to replace a tuner in 54 years of playing guitar.

Ditto for the bridge, it's probably OK as is, Epiphone tends to have pretty decent ones.

Things to think about replacing are pots and switches, maybe pickups if they really suck...

My way of looking at it is - if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
I have an Epiphone solidbody doubleneck and in my case the switches are probably the thing I will change soonest on it.

Next might be the pickups, but honestly I am not unhappy with the sound of what it has there already - as long as I can eliminate the crackling and loss of signal due to the poor switches.
other than for the sake of reliability I'd love to see a comparison between low end chinese pots versus high end. With capacitors and all they matter but for say a CTS or Bornes pot which costs way more money than a 1-2$ pot.

The only reason I'd re-wire a les paul is if it couldn't give me this or that sound i was after. I kind of want to do this 24 sound wiring (not jimmy page) with a phase reversal but it's massively overkill for a les paul or similar. I'd probably go with the seymour duncan distortion mayhem set to make the coilsplits and parallel sounds work best.

but try everything before swapping pickuips, i mean it's not big money you're throwing into it but everything affects the tone from string material (not brand) , pick material, pickup heights , if we keep the covers on our pickups. I love this more modern age where there is a piece or part that fine tunes your guitars sound. like a solid brass tuneomatic or whatever.