tbf probably wasn't the best decision by the scriptwriters, don't they normally hire people to keep stuff like that from happening lol
It could have been worse. They could have been the Nigerian dinosaur Nigersaurus taqueti.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It could have been worse. They could have been the Nigerian dinosaur Nigersaurus taqueti.

****ing hell lmao
Quote by whywefight
tbf probably wasn't the best decision by the scriptwriters, don't they normally hire people to keep stuff like that from happening lol

Why should American screenwriters abstain from using an abbreviation that will offend morons in a country halfway across the world? Also, "pachy" was used plenty in the other movies and nobody threw a shit fit afaik.
PM me for newts
Those poor dinosaurs
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
That is hilarious, and that line would've been a very common thing in the 70s lmao

unfortunate coincidence, it'd be pretty embarrassing sitting there hearing that if ur Pakistani lol
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I don't get it. Is it pronounced as packie in the movie. idk I don't watch shit reboots.
jfc

Quote by StewieSwan
Why should American screenwriters abstain from using an abbreviation that will offend morons in a country halfway across the world? Also, "pachy" was used plenty in the other movies and nobody threw a shit fit afaik.

the joys of progress brought on by social media
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by StewieSwan
Why should American screenwriters abstain from using an abbreviation that will offend morons in a country halfway across the world?

Quote by MeGaDeth2314

ikr?

Halfway of across would be like, in the ocean or in the Earth's core or something.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
on trivia crack i score great on geography **** off dorks
PM me for newts
stupid ass pakis.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Ugh as if it wasn't bad enough having pachys in our country, we've got them invading cinemas as well

Send them back to the jurassic age lol!1!!!!1!
I have nothing important to say
I'm all out of dinosaur eggs, going to the Pachy shop to get half a dozen.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
There was this movie about a war around Asia, where they kept shouting mongols were coming. I find this offensive, because mentally handicapped people.

Also this movie about dogs, they kept calling the girl dog a bitch. I mean why use these words when they are also considered curse words..

Seriously I'm not even sure how in 2015 people even dare to stir this.. shit.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jun 27, 2015,
^ Mongols isn't offensive, it's "mongoloid"

Also, in dog show circles and vernacular, "bitch" is an incredibly commonplace and accepted terminology to use when describing the female dog.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
^ Mongols isn't offensive, it's "mongoloid"

Also, in dog show circles and vernacular, "bitch" is an incredibly commonplace and accepted terminology to use when describing the female dog.

In dutch mongool is written the same for both an inhabitant of Mongolia and a person with the medical condition. We don't make a problem of this, cause we know it's different due to the context. Was there in fact a Pakistani guy, or a Pachysaur in this instance?

I'm also aware that bitch is a common word.

If dinosaurs were in existence, shortening Pachysaurus to Pachy would be highly likely. It's the most used method by people everywhere to shorten names in general, or words for that matter.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jun 27, 2015,
>People keep calling it a pachysaurus
>Actual name is Pachycephalosaurus

#YesAllPachycephalosaurus
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by xxdarrenxx
In dutch mongool is written the same for both an inhabitant of Mongolia and a person with the medical condition. We don't make a problem of this, cause we know it's different due to the context. Was there in fact a Pakistani guy, or a Pachysaur in this instance?

I'm also aware that bitch is a common word.

If dinosaurs were in existence, shortening Pachysaurus to Pachy would be highly likely. It's the most used method by people everywhere to shorten names in general, or words for that matter.

That's assuming we'd even called them that in the first place.

It's worth remembering that there's no complete fossil(or even enough identifiable bits to make one, really it's one skull and a bunch of other skull bits), so it may have been distinctive for something other than the thick skull roof.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Amuro Jay
I'd say the real problem was the Brits who made Paki an offensive term (in the US we pride ourselves in being Pakis), but we all know the real problem is them not making a Lost World reference and calling them Friar Tuck again.

I can imagine Kanye saying something like "I'd say the real problem was Martin Luther King who made niggas an offensive term but in the US we pride ourselves in being niggas."
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Saw this on a one star rating on Yelp for a local movie theater today:

"It wasn't to bad. I was using the John and some paki was staring at my cawk. I conplaind to management cause dude just wanted to look."

Keep it classy Western Washington.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by digman50

Yes, thank you
Quote by Amuro Jay at #33473388
I'd say the real problem was the Brits who made Paki an offensive term (in the US we pride ourselves in being Pakis), but we all know the real problem is them not making a Lost World reference and calling them Friar Tuck again.

paki isn't just offensive in britain
Quote by Thrashtastic15
paki isn't just offensive in britain

It ain't offensive in the southern United States. At least down in Texas, where every Pakistani referred to themselves as Paki, even after acknowledging the term was considered a slur in England.

My point being that even though it's a global movie, it was made by an American market and was not created with the intent of offending people abroad. I doubt they thought "let's offend some Pakistanis" while writing the script, but with they way people are calling for boycotts of the movie, they're acting like that's how it happened.

Not saying that people can't be offended, because an offensive mistake is still offensive, but draw a line somewhere, you know?
Quote by xxdarrenxx
In dutch mongool is written the same for both an inhabitant of Mongolia and a person with the medical condition

i understand what this meant but the way it is written it makes it sound like you're calling being mongolian a medical condition and it is hilarious
Quote by digman50

um excuse me the correct term for a group would be pachycephalosaurosids thank you
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Jun 27, 2015,
Quote by whywefight

It was in a previous movie. That's why they used it I'm pretty sure.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
This is offensive to Pachyderms!

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Dirge Humani
i understand what this meant but the way it is written it makes it sound like you're calling being mongolian a medical condition and it is hilarious

um excuse me the correct term for a group would be pachycephalosaurosids thank you

No, the plural doesn't change with dinosaurs.

Quote by digman50
No, the plural doesn't change with dinosaurs.

As long as they're the same species. Pachycephalosaurus is the genus, the only known species within it is Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis; if there were others, they could be collectively referred to as Pachycephalosaurids.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
As long as they're the same species. Pachycephalosaurus is the genus, the only known species within it is Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis; if there were others, they could be collectively referred to as Pachycephalosaurids.

Will in this case it doesn't change cause there's only one species within the genus, as you said.

Quote by digman50
Will in this case it doesn't change cause there's only one species within the genus, as you said.

Only one known. Given that something less than 1% of species leave any fossil evidence at all, there's a good chance there are more.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

nnneeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrddddddd
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls