Im having trouble deciding what amp to purchase. I've heard great things about both. I'm mainly a metal player, setup would be for home playing/recording, as well as playing live. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ( also cab recommendations would be nice as well )
Orange is very fizzy. There's a reason the Mesa is almost double the price. Stick a tube screamer in front of it and a Rectifier 2x12 under it and have fun.

I tried both extensively with the same set-ups and I'd say this video is quite accurate. Also tried the Orange through the Mesa cab and it didn't get rid of the beehive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcF0sdeNBGs
Last edited by PB26 at Jun 27, 2015,
If I had the money the Mesa would win hands down. Orange makes nice stuff, but Mesa is the gold standard of guitar amps because they build the best stuff you can get without commissioning something to be built by hand.
Mesa! Can't even compare the two.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Thats a really good comparison video, ive always been abit of an orange fan boy but that mesa has so much more clarity and the orange sounds very fizz in comparison
BTW, some people say the Orange is only fizzy when you have the gain up and the volume low. I tried it with the volume at 1:00 and while it was less fizzy than low volume, it was still beehive city compared to the Mesa.
No contest. Definately Mesa. I have tried a few Oranges and never did understand what all the fuss was about.
mini mesa every day of the week
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by HighGainer
No contest. Definately Mesa. I have tried a few Oranges and never did understand what all the fuss was about.

There are no other mass-produced amps with the Orange voicing. Matamp, Dunwich, and Electric can get you there if you have thousands of dollars for a head AND want to wait at least a year. And while some boutique pedals get close, nothing sounds like a 100+ watt Orange amp dimed.