Currently obtained a used LP copy and it comes with SH6 pair for neck and bridge.

Bought the axe because it's cheap and has these pickups in it.

Not much of a metal player, more to classic rock and preferably bluesy gary moore and eagles stuff.

Are these SH6 pickups capable of them or need to be tamed down?

So far all the videos I've seen on youtube are all samples of metal playing, no classic rock or bluesy tones from the SH6.
Try the neck pickup in the bridge with a 59 or something. I like it in the bridge a lot.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The SH6 is like a hotter JB with better lower end. You'll probably find yourself rolling the volume knob off a bit for the classic rock stuff.

Try it out before you swap them, maybe kick your gain on the amp down a bit too or the volume on the tubescreamer if you use one.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
^ yeah. if they already come in the guitar you might as well try them in case you like them. if you don't, then you can change them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think you'll like it just fine for the most part - a lot will depend on your amp. It isn't a "metal" humbucker in the strictest sense. It is hot, tighter on the low end, good bite, but it isn't like putting a DS1 into the clean channel of a Fender amp. I think you'll like it quite a bit for classic rock and even some bluesy type stuff - it will push your preamp and give you a nice breakup on low gain settings. And if you run a higher gain amp like a marshall, you can just dial back the knobs to compensate. It isn't like the minute you plug into your amp that raging pantera noises are going to come flying through your speakers. Give it a try and you might be happy with it. I avoided it for a long time because of its name. But I finally bit and gave it a shot, and I really like it.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.