Hello everyone,

Prior to ask my question,i want to make sure this is the right section of the forum.

I would need to move,or transport,a bass TAB from one key to another.

Can i ask here ?

Thanks

loveproof
This is the Bass Forum! Of course you can ask here! We try to be helpful - at least, when we are not drunk.

Transposing a piece of music from one key to another is a standard practice, and doing it in TAB is probably no more involved than changing keys in standard notation.

http://www.musicnotes.com/blog/2014/08/08/how-to-transpose-music/

If your TAB is in a digital music format, your software suite might have an automatic function that allows you to instantly transpose a passage (or an entire composition) from one key into another with the click of a mouse.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
This is the Bass Forum! Of course you can ask here! We try to be helpful - at least, when we are not drunk.

I may still TRY when I'm drunk. I'm just not very good at it.

Quote by FatalGear41
If your TAB is in a digital music format, your software suite might have an automatic function that allows you to instantly transpose a passage (or an entire composition) from one key into another with the click of a mouse.

Often you just move the TAB fingering up or down the neck a few spaces. If your tab is in E and your band wants to play it in F, move the tab up a fret. Your open string notes will be an issue, of course, because you'll no longer be able to play the strings open. You'll know when you run into glitches.