So i just finally upgrading from a practice amp to a vip 2. Which has pre and post gain

My question is when you look at post showing you your favorite guitarist settings it just says gain

How do i properly adjust pre and post gain to get it right. Thanks!
Pre-gain is distortion, post gain is just more volume (if I remember my vypr 15 correctly). So work with your pre-gain more.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
^ yeah. if any setting in the settings thread says "gain", that means pre-gain on your peavey.

i dunno why peavey uses that naming convention. i realise that gain is technically amplification factor rather than distortion, but the way peavey does it just serves to confuse newer players (or maybe i'm just still pissed it confused me back in the day ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?