Hey, I'm trying to have multiple kontakt instruments work at the same time, but without loading a couple of instances of kontakt, because this is of course way to heavy on the computer.

Using this link
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/2647/routing-kontakt-5-to-multiple-outputs-in-cubase/
I routed one instance of Kontakt to multiple outputs. That's fine, but this is not exactly what I wanted, as I still have only 1 midi track. So there is obviously something I'm not getting, but I can't figure it out.

So in short:
In Cubase (8), how can I load 1 instance of Kontakt (5) with lets say 4 instruments, and have a midi track assigned to each individual instrument, so I can edit them seperately?

edit:
for example, this guy at 9:00, has like 8 kontakt instruments working at the same time, and my guess is that its all happening on 1 instance of kontakt. How?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERejc29uFxI
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by bartnijman at Jun 28, 2015,
You don't use different midi tracks in a case like this, you use a midi track with the different parts written on different midi channels on the same track, and then you select a midi input channel for each instrument in kontakt.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Possibly the output of the midi track or many midi tracks could be routed to the same vst?
Something like that happens in Studio One but I am not quite sure how to do it.
The concept back in the days of hardware was that say a drum machine will broadcast on track 10 in midi, while say bass synth will be on track 2. Hit the Cubase forum with this, you'd probably have better luck there.