Hey all. My niece is in a classical guitar program and is progressing nicely. Her teacher has recommended to her that it may be time to ditch the 1/2 size student axe (can we call classical guitars "axes"?)
She can handle a full size just fine, so we don't need a 3/4 or anything. Anyone have a good suggestion for her? Her teacher suggested a brand, I don't remember what it was, I can find out later. Grandma and Grandpa aren't ready to drop $1200 on it for her.
What is a good solid mid level guitar, maybe $400 to $600, that will stay with her for a while and sound good? I could pick an electric for her or a good steel string acoustic everyday, but I got nothing when it comes to classicals. My only classical is on the lower end, and I think she could handle a little more.

Thanks.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I love my Cordoba. The finest Korean Spanish guitar in the world , lol. It has a lovely sound and no neck warping after 15 years of hot dry desert weather!
Thanks all. Good advice.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
If you're in Canada the La Patrie line from Godin are a great value - the top of the line model is around $600.00 or $700.00 canadian.

I've had mine for years and have trouble upgrading it because of how great it plays.
Hi, There are a lot of brands on the market for mid priced 500-600 USD that would be good
for a student that has advanced to upgrade stage. First I would look for a guitar made in
Spain period. Cordovas are made in China and some in Korea. Ones that you should definitely
look at are the Alhambra 1c model which is made in Spain another is the Admira Student
series but don't know if they sell in US. Another one that could fit you bill is the largest
growing guitar company. Take a look at the Kremona guitars built in Bulgaria and are very
popular in Europe with a lot of classic guitarist using them. Regards
Norman2
I'll add Alvarez to the list of brands to check out. I didn't like the few Cordoba's I've played, but I have generally liked Alvarez.
My God, it's full of stars!
I also like Alvarez. but Yamaha hard to pass for the price. Cheers