I know most of you are bums and dont have jobs or go to school but I was wondering, what is the most amount of classes you have ever taken in your life in a single semester?

reason i ask is cause i usually take 4 classes a semester because 12 credits is considered full time. 4 classes x 3 credits = 12 credits. but im considering taking this extra certificate course that will have me doing an extra three classes next semester. so 7 classes in total and idk if im going to be able to do that and also maintain my work schedule of 30 hours a week. any experience doing that kind of shit?
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
I know most of you are bums and dont have jobs or go to school but I was wondering, what is the most amount of classes you have ever taken in your life in a single semester?

reason i ask is cause i usually take 4 classes a semester because 12 credits is considered full time. 4 classes x 3 credits = 12 credits. but im considering taking this extra certificate course that will have me doing an extra three classes next semester. so 7 classes in total and idk if im going to be able to do that and also maintain my work schedule of 30 hours a week. any experience doing that kind of shit?

In 2nd year at university, owing to a scheduling mishap in 1st year(I didn't turn up for any lectures after week 6, because it got boring, so missed all the class tests), I got no credit for one of my classes, so to make it up, I had to take 160 credits worth of modules in 2nd year, instead of 120.

EDIT: FWIW, that was made up of 13 10 credit modules, and 1 30 credit module.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Jun 28, 2015,

****ing died

Edit: Also worked 20 hours a week at the time. Would not recommend.
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 28, 2015,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
In 2nd year at university, owing to a scheduling mishap in 1st year(I didn't turn up for any lectures after week 6, because it got boring, so missed all the class tests), I got no credit for one of my classes, so to make it up, I had to take 160 credits worth of modules in 2nd year, instead of 120.

im america 120 credits is equal to a bachelor's degree, so 4 years worth of classes. idk how much 120 or 160 credits is to you but that equates to 4-6 years of school brah and I know you didnt do that
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
im america 120 credits is equal to a bachelor's degree, so 4 years worth of classes. idk how much 120 or 160 credits is to you but that equates to 4-6 years of school brah and I know you didnt do that

120 credits in that system represents a year's full-time study.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
120 credits in that system represents a year's full-time study.

when did you sleep? were you hooked on a feeding tube? where are your friends?

EDIT: just realized you said a year. I was asking what the most amount you've done in a single semester (3-4 months period)
pinga
Last edited by Cb4rabid at Jun 28, 2015,
yes almost exactly. 6 classes in school plus a research project plus night classes for a diploma course plus 30 hr work week.

It wasn't too bad because I made sure I had time to have fun too but I had 2-3 all nighters every week.
cat
Quote by Cb4rabid
when did you sleep? were you hooked on a feeding tube? where are your friends?

I usually slept after drinking too much.

I pretty much scraped through into 3rd year

Quote by Cb4rabid
EDIT: just realized you said a year. I was asking what the most amount you've done in a single semester (3-4 months period)

Well, the 160 credits were made up from 13 10 credit classes(IIRC I did 6 in the Martinmas term(so, autumn/winter) and 7 in Candlemas(winter/spring), but the don't use those term names any more), and the 30 credit class lasted through both of them.

It added up to about 15 hours of lectures a week, and about the same amount of lab time.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Jun 28, 2015,
in 7th grade i had to take:

-english
-math
-science
-history
-geography
-french
-music
-art
-gym
-computer shit
-lunch

that's a hefty course load ! ! ! !
12 credits was considered full time, but that was considered light, 15 was considered standard. I typically did 15, but did 17 once.

I knew many people who did 20+ and no thanks. With 15 credits a semester I finished a bachelors of 120 credits in 5 semesters thanks to a ton of subsidized pre requisites I did in highschool, so transferring into college at 18 I never had to do general education or anything outside of my majors.

If any high shoolers are reading this, and your state offers options like that, do them. You will save tons of cash, time, and pointless 101 classes with 500 people sitting in them learning about shit you could have scanned Wikipedia for.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
we dont really have a choice, it's 6 classes every semester

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
In my first year (civil engineering), I had 6 modules per semester which were 10 credits each, so I had 120 credits in one year
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by MinterMan22
in 7th grade i had to take:

-english
-math
-science
-history
-geography
-french
-music
-art
-gym
-computer shit
-lunch

that's a hefty course load ! ! ! !

FWIW, my 2nd year at university was:

Chemistry 2-Y*
Basic Genetics
Cells: Structure & Function*
Physiological Systems
Proteins: Structure & Function*
Nucleic Acids: Structure and Function*
Microorganisms*
Molecular Genetics
Infection & Immunity
Energy Metabolism*
Drugs & Disease*
Human Tissue In Health And Disease*
Applied Microbiology*
Biometrics

If it's got a *, it had a 3 hour lab every week.
Quote by Diemon Dave
The most I ever took was 18 credit hours. I did it my junior year. If you take 12 hours every semester, you'll never graduate in four years. Most people do 15 per semester.
Year 11 was hectic but easy

- Maths
- Double Science
- Double English
- German
- Art
- RE
- IT
- History

And then in Uni 2nd year I had like

- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Labs for all those
- Quantum Mechanics
- Natural Products
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Polymer Labs

all at the same time which was gross

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I did 13 classes this semester, with maximum of 3 credits per each.
I almost ended up being expelled, but I managed to get through.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
I do 16 credits at an American college and work 30 hours a week.

This degree thing had better be worth it.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant

This degree thing had better be worth it.

lol

(though to be fair that varies on your degree choice and your ability to apply it, both of which many people these days fail at)
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
decided not to take the 7 classes

all 7 classes would be 3000-4000 level classes, plus work, plus i forgot I'm going to be doing some interning and I would end up in a stress induced coma by September. Because of this thread however, i added another class to my schedule so ill be doing 15 credits a semester from now on instead of 12.
pinga
5 Classes, 18 Credit hours
-5chrs
-5chrs
-3chrs
-3chrs
-2chrs

Auto-engineering Spring semester back in '12.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I think I took 20 credit hours my sophomore year of college, along with working 20-30 hours per week. It was pretty much hell, but I survived and I know people who have done more. It's only a few years of your life, you're going to be stressed out and working hard, there's no way to avoid it. For me, if I took 12 credit hours per semester, it would have taken me 6+ years to graduate. I graduated in 5 because I switched majors my junior year, to a closely related major but not exactly the same. I took between 15-20 credit hours each semester.
why does everyone say 12 credits isnt enough? if you do the math, doing 12 credits a semester is 10 semesters for the bachelor's and doing 15 credits is 8 semesters. it's a difference of a year at most. 6 years is how long it would take me for a master's degree

unless you guys are talking about somewhere not in the us. in the US 120 credits = bachelor's
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid at #33474978
why does everyone say 12 credits isnt enough? if you do the math, doing 12 credits a semester is 10 semesters for the bachelor's and doing 15 credits is 8 semesters. it's a difference of a year at most. 6 years is how long it would take me for a master's degree

unless you guys are talking about somewhere not in the us. in the US 120 credits = bachelor's

I'm in the US and every major is different. It's not like once you get a certain amount of credit hours you can graduate, it depends on the classes you have to take. For music majors, no one could get it done in 12 credit hours and 4 semesters, it just didn't work out that way. Maybe your last year you could take 12, but people generally took 16-20 their first two years.

12x8=96, not 120

10 semesters = 5 years

you = bad at math
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jun 28, 2015,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I'm in the US and every major is different. It's not like once you get a certain amount of credit hours you can graduate, it depends on the classes you have to take. For music majors, no one could get it done in 12 credit hours and 4 semesters, it just didn't work out that way. Maybe your last year you could take 12, but people generally took 16-20 their first two years.

12x8=96, not 120

10 semesters = 5 years

you = bad at math

12x10=120

15x8=120

you = bad at reading comprehension

my point is that the difference between doing 12 a semester or 15 is not a huge one, definitely not a difference of 2 whole years. 120 credits is the standard for most majors unless you're doing nuclear math science with astrophysics or whatever the hell.
pinga
I have taken five in one semester, but inevitably I would end up having to drop one or two because the workload became too "onerous."

ron666
Quote by Cb4rabid at #33475123
12x10=120

15x8=120

you = bad at reading comprehension

my point is that the difference between doing 12 a semester or 15 is not a huge one, definitely not a difference of 2 whole years. 120 credits is the standard for most majors unless you're doing nuclear math science with astrophysics or whatever the hell.

I realized what you meant after I posted

But I think one year of difference is a lot considering how much college costs. I was a music major and needed 125 credit hours to graduate, and had to perform in at least two ensembles per semester which were only one credit hour each, yet took up the same amount of time as some 3 credit hour classes with the rehearsals and practice/performances outside of rehearsals. Also they seem to make it difficult to graduate in 4 years by making classes conflict with one another, which is total BS and just a way to make more money by making people stay an extra year.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I realized what you meant after I posted

But I think one year of difference is a lot considering how much college costs. I was a music major and needed 125 credit hours to graduate, and had to perform in at least two ensembles per semester which were only one credit hour each, yet took up the same amount of time as some 3 credit hour classes with the rehearsals and practice/performances outside of rehearsals. Also they seem to make it difficult to graduate in 4 years by making classes conflict with one another, which is total BS and just a way to make more money by making people stay an extra year.

but you still have to pay for each class individually anyway so in the end its all the same. grnted by doing less semesters you pay less in those bullshit fees that schools love to tack onto the tuition and transportation costs but y'know.

online classes have saved me from having to take conflicting classes but ofc since universities are businesses, my school feels the need to charge me a $160 online fee per class
pinga