Page 1 of 2
I'm just wondering what your favourite guitar body shapes is any why?

Mine is an Stratocaster because I like its traditional look and has easy access to the higher frets
Generally speaking, Strat.
Specifically speaking, superstrats, but I really love Ibanez RGs. Especially ones with nice looking wood tops.
Basically, I'm saying I really love my Ibanez

ML and Xiphos.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
I like the non traditional shapes. Iceman, RD, Jazzmaster/Jaguar. I only like LPs in specific colors.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
V's and Explorers.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Strat shape, and Superstrat-like bodies of all sorts. Slim and elegant. Especially Schecter, PRS and Mayones are right up my alley aesthetically and make lots of guitars I find gorgeous.

From the more unusual/pointy shapes, I find the Explorer pretty cool.
X-shaped guitars (Warrior/Warlock to some extent). They are comfortable to play in any and all positions. Plus, they look cool, not like a women's butt--nothing against butts but I don't want my guitar looking like one.
in terms of comfort or how cool they look?

comfort- strat/superstrat

cool- vs or explorers, or variants of those (kelly, king v, mockingbird, star)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Bendercaster, of course. Excellent use of fan-fret (multiscale) technology coupled with a slightly tweaked classical shape.

If we can be specific, Hisashi Imai's mandolin guitar:

More generally, Fender offsets.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by dspellman
The Bendercaster, of course. Excellent use of fan-fret (multiscale) technology coupled with a slightly tweaked classical shape.

This reminds me...

This thread wouldn't be complete without a mention of the majestic Wangcaster, would it.
Prs style carved top.

And no thread here ever seems to be compleat without mention of the Wangcaster.
ESP Horizon.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No preference.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Self-promoting:

I made the body shape that I thought would be good. It's sorta a combination between an offset Fender with a PRS-inspired carve-line.
It's not a great example of craftsmanship but the lines are visible. You can see what I was trying to achieve.

If I were working as a graphic designer I'd pick a Stratocaster as the "representative" guitar of all guitars.

If I were purely judging beauty then there's a few that are tough to pick between. I really like PRS, but the Les Paul and the Gretsch White Falcon are mighty fine as well.
I'd say they're all prettier than a Strat but nothing communicates the idea of an electric guitar better than a strat, or perhaps one of the pointy guitars.

So far for playing I like my offset. It seems to have more comfortable playing angles than any of my others.
I like comfortability. Which is a V Style body. Can't get comfortable with a strat style.
Jackson Randall Rhoads. I just think it looks so cool how you need to sit with one.XD And of course. Standing looks cool. Just a powerful, sleek, aggressive look.

Though Strats with flat tops and elbow cuts are always a favorite. (Grew up with one in the house and will always love them.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Vs, of course! Because they're metal as #%#! and the most comfortable design to play -- sitting or standing.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by dspellman

Thats funky, where did you find that?
Tele variants, offsets, and the tried and true S-shape.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I have tried a lot of different shapes and I can't really say what my favorite one is but I will put Stratocaster on the top.

The other one is the Jackson Randy Rhoads shape which Randy designed himself after the white pinstribe called the concord.

When I finally got my US custom Rhoads brand new on special order (RR2772) in January 1997 I found the shape to fit me perfectly and I still feel this way about it.

I have seen many guitar bodies out there that I like (Strat, LP, PRS, Iceman, Mockingbird, ...). I have also designed and built a few myself, which are one-of-a-kind and among my favourites of all guitars.

I can say that coming up with a design that is both unique, comfortable, and practical is not easy at all, and I spend a lot of time thinking about how it will look, feel and perform before I do the final drawings and begin to cut wood.

I have great respect for the creators of the iconic instrument shapes that stand the test of time.
for comfort i guess i'd go strat (with SG in close 2nd)

now for looks or cool factor you can't beat BC Rich. i think that the Bich style is my fav but Mockingbirds and of course Eagle (play one curently) are also cool.
Kellys and V's!!!!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by monwobobbo
for comfort i guess i'd go strat (with SG in close 2nd)

now for looks or cool factor you can't beat BC Rich. i think that the Bich style is my fav but Mockingbirds and of course Eagle (play one curently) are also cool.

Dang it. I agree on the Mockingbird and Bich being friggin awesome to look at. Too many styles to choose from.
SG, I just really like SGs.

The shape of a Fender jazz bass needs to be a guitar too.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Steinberger Spirit type shape
Gibson RD
PRS Santana
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
I'm more of a V guy. Besides looks, it's the shape that feels most comfortable to me.

I also love SG bodies, I have a thing for SGs. And Mockingbirds are beautiful too.
Traditional flat-top Teles all day errrday. My FMT has a carved top and it looks good at certain angles but every pic I see of me holding it on stage just doesn't look right to me. My TE and MP Thinline on the other hand...beautiful! Love all mine regardless.
All of mine are Strats or Superstrats.

Les Paul and Tele shapes are alright but I prefer the Strat shape mainly due to the extra cutaway which I think looks and plays better.

ML shapes look alright but aren't as comfortable to play.

Explorers are more comfortable but don't look as good.

Jaguars and Jazzmasters just look weird to me.

SGs I don't really like because they look too much like toys.

Haven't played many Vs but some of them look badass.
Probably classic stratocaster. Also, I'm sucker for that shape PRS make. I don't know how it's called.
Why have abs when u can have kebabs
Quote by paul.housley.7
Self-promoting:

Hey that's awesome. I'm a big fan of offsets.

My all-time favorite body shape is the Jaguar.
Strat/Superstrat for comfort.

Mockingbird, and Vertigo for looks.

I also find Icemans to be a good balance of comfort and style.
Cry yourself to ash
Last edited by Vampire_State at Jul 4, 2015,
Page 1 of 2