hey guys. I play more electric than acoustic, but I think that's because I spent more money on electric so far... haha. I'm thinking of picking up a new acoustic, because I realized I'm picking up $800 electric guitars, and my better acoustic cost $300. I have a Yamaha F-310 and my Ibanez AW240 (natural finish mahogany (solid?) concert body guitar). the yamaha is a complete mess. I don't want to get into it. the Artwood is a little quiet and dull sounding, and lacks sustain, slightly. my question is, have I outgrown my acoustics? I'm thinking of getting a used Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500M, just because it's all solid woods, very loud (jumbo body) and I've heard great things about it. the only thing I'm worried about is that it's made in China... any other suggestions? my budget is $300 (more or less) in used gear, I play mostly slow, lyrical stuff and jazz, and it needs to be a looker (but not necessarily flashy).
acid eater, gear is at my instagram ( itakenickpics). mesas, strats, vintage jap guits.

play good shit on shitty gear, not shitty shit on good gear

check out jazz, acid, and post rock stuff soundcloud.com/s-w-y-c-h & swych.bandcamp.com
For a $300 budget your guitar will not be made in the USA. Look into a Breedlove made in Oregon, they sound great and very close to your budget.

I played a few acoustics in my GC yesterday and there was a Seagull (on Clearance, $369 with gig bag) which was so loud for the money then a $399 Breedlove which was awesome.

Customer even came in and asked me about the Seagull I was playing, I own a Martin can't help other than this sounds great for under $400. They had a few Epi's that didn't have a good sound, too much clearcoat and very thin.
an all solid masterbilt in good shape would be a good thing.

btw, a breedlove near your price range will not be made in oregon - it'll be made in china.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I was actually looking into a recording king. they seem flashy at times, but nice. I went into guitar center today with my Artwood to directly compare all the guitars with mine, and it seemed like mine was the most playable. I liked the sound of one takamine, but it smelled like cat piss.
acid eater, gear is at my instagram ( itakenickpics). mesas, strats, vintage jap guits.

play good shit on shitty gear, not shitty shit on good gear

check out jazz, acid, and post rock stuff soundcloud.com/s-w-y-c-h & swych.bandcamp.com
Taylor Big Baby goes for about $410 new, should be able to find one for $300 or less used. Mine sounds great.
What's wrong with Oriental licensed built guitars? I have a Fender GDC 100 SCE NAT. Solid 1/4 cut mahogany sides and back, solid top, freakin' gorgeous, plays great, top string stays alive, no setup needed. Acoustic/electric cutaway.
$ 250 US.
The only questionable issue is the measly wage and treatment of employees over there.
What is a better guitar for the price below?

1) Breedlove CM20 / SMY = $ 1,400
2) Takamine TC135 SC = $ 1,350

Thank you in advance