Page 1 of 5
'bitch' is an awful word. it's misogynistic like 90% of the time that men say it and women can't even pretend to have reclaimed it since they often use it the same way to the same effect.

unless you're into dog breeding, there's like 0 reason to use 'bitch'
hmu if u agre
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn at #33475034
hit u down

what a terrible loss lol jk

tell you what. in the interest of equality you can #banbitch if you #legalizecunt
I think in some cases it is very offensive and in others it isn't. it doesn't have historical background that makes it extra offensive like fag or ******, but it does compare a woman to a dog (though I think dogs are fucking awesome, that's obviously not okay). Mixed feelings.

Edit: omg when I hit save changes it automatically made a between F and U
Last edited by ehbacon at Jun 28, 2015,
huu don't even cuss
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
hah i don't even swear lololololololololololol
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
what about dick
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Thrashtastic15
what a terrible loss lol jk

tell you what. in the interest of equality you can #banbitch if you #legalizecunt

you mean the forum censors? definitely would make that trade.

Quote by chev311e
what about using the phrase 'son of a bitch'?

not sure i can really complain about that

Quote by ehbacon
I think in some cases it is very offensive and in others it isn't. it doesn't have historical background that makes it extra offensive like fag or ******, but it does compare a woman to a dog (though I think dogs are fucking awesome, that's obviously not okay). Mixed feelings.

Edit: omg when I hit save changes it automatically made a between F and U

'bitch' has been a derogatory term for a woman for like, hundreds of years man. 14th century. it's been a derogatory term for men for almost 100 years ("quit being a bitch and buttchug these alcohols etc").
Quote by Eastwinn at #33475054
you mean the forum censors? definitely would make that trade.

no, forum censors are juvenile. irl.
Quote by Eastwinn

'bitch' has been a derogatory term for a woman for like, hundreds of years man. 14th century. it's been a derogatory term for men for almost 100 years ("quit being a bitch and buttchug these alcohols etc").

even then the implication is that you're 'woman-like' and women are bad except for sex or some shit.

admittedly I used to say it all the time and I still let it slip sometimes. my intent was never misogynistic (like, I never imaged women while using it) though with my platonic girlfriends we used to call each other it all the time more as like a term of endearment but probably also 'cause they thought I was 'woman-like' #Drake

idk I don't think every use of the word is necessarily misogynist but I get kind of enraged when I hear some guy shouting the word at woman with obvious misogynist intent. so I don't like it in general despite being guilty of using it.

edit: I think it is very much in the same category as other slurs when used that way.
Quote by slipknot5678 at #33475060
even then the implication is that you're 'woman-like' and women are bad except for sex or some shit.

admittedly I used to say it all the time and I still let it slip sometimes. my intent was never misogynistic (like, I never imaged women while using it) though with my platonic girlfriends we used to call each other it all the time more as like a term of endearment but probably also 'cause they thought I was 'woman-like' #Drake

idk I don't think every use of the word is necessarily misogynist but I get kind of enraged when I hear some guy shouting the word at woman with obvious misogynist intent. so I don't like it in general despite being guilty of using it.

edit: I think it is very much in the same category as other slurs when used that way.

horrible misuse of misogynistic
I dont mind it tho it obvs is pretty misogynistic when you think about it

cunt is completely fine tho when used in any context other than insulting a woman
please send me a .txt or .pdf of all the words I am not allowed to use anymore and please update it daily. i don't have time to keep track myself. thanks
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33475076
I dont mind it tho it obvs is pretty misogynistic when you think about it

cunt is completely fine tho when used in any context other than insulting a woman

>use dick to insult man, no problem
>use cunt to insult woman, unforgiveable
Quote by Thrashtastic15 at #33475067
horrible misuse of misogynistic

how so?

first part was mostly a 'joke' (not the funny type) 'cause it's like a running thing where I'm #sadboy/drake and I look like twelve different celebrities.

second I think is completely valid. seeing some angry dude abusing a woman while shouting 'bitch' is the worst (they always go for the insult associated with women though I don't mean this to imply that the word is worse than the action).
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 28, 2015,
Quote by slipknot5678 at #33475081
how so?

first part was mostly a 'joke' (not the funny type) 'cause it's like a running thing where I'm #sadboy/drake and I look like twelve different celebrities.

second I think is completely valid. seeing some angry dude abusing a woman while shouting 'bitch' is the worst (they always go for the insult associated with women).

um, pretty sure the "bitch" part isn't the problem considering you just added abuse in like its no big deal
I don't say bitch that much anyway. I tend to go for less personal insults.

Well not less personal, but you can't help being a woman, black, gay, etc., so I'm not gonna use that as verbal leverage.

ya cunt
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by chrismendiola at #33475082
I also avoid the word "cunt." These days, I just use words like "dweeb" and "dork."

what about when you arent describing yourself?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
>use dick to insult man, no problem
>use cunt to insult woman, unforgiveable

not unforgivable, but they are different situations since calling a woman a cunt reinforces sexist attitudes toward women whereas calling a man a dick does not. Thats why it's worse.
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33475087
no unforgivable, but they are different situations since calling a woman a cunt reinforces sexist attitudes toward women whereas calling a man a dick does not. Thats why it's worse.

you are a hypocrite and your stance is devoid of all logic
Quote by Thrashtastic15 at #33475083
um, pretty sure the "bitch" part isn't the problem considering you just added abuse in like its no big deal

see my edit.

I don't think the word is the worst part but since this is a thread about the word that's what the focus of the post ended up being making me look like human garbage. the intent wasn't to say that actual abuse is nothing and the word is what's 'really bad', it was just meant as an explanation for why I have many negative associations with the word.
Quote by slipknot5678 at #33475090
see my edit.

I don't think the word is the worst part but since this is a thread about the word that's what the focus of the post ended up being making me look like human garbage. the intent wasn't to say that actual abuse is nothing and the word is what's 'really bad', it was just meant as an explanation for why I have many negative associations with the word.

making a general judgement using a very loaded term on the basis of a specific circumstance where there are significantly more serious issues at play is dishonest

not trying to make you out as human garbage or w/e. just saying bro.
Quote by Thrashtastic15 at #33475085
what about when you arent describing yourself?

Whoa, I just spit out my Arizona Iced Tea all over the cafeteria lunch table.

(It might be time to leave behind the grade school chirps .)
Free Ali
typical eastwinn tears of non peace
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33475091
Or youre just incapable of seeing the weight of social context in linguistics

or you are just talking out of yr ass wanting to perpetuate a clearly sexist distinction under the banner of "~fighting sexism~".
Quote by chrismendiola at #33475094
Whoa, I just spit out my Arizona Iced Tea all over the cafeteria lunch table.

(It might be time to leave behind the grade school chirps .)

grade school chirps? i guess you'd know considering you listen to brand new cya

edit: i know how crazy you lot are so im out tho
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jun 28, 2015,
Quote by StewieSwan
please send me a .txt or .pdf of all the words I am not allowed to use anymore and please update it daily. i don't have time to keep track myself. thanks

all i have is .docx
Quote by GuitarGod_92
not unforgivable, but they are different situations since calling a woman a cunt reinforces sexist attitudes toward women whereas calling a man a dick does not. Thats why it's worse.

Don't be an exceptional individual. "Dick" is generally used for someone who is being rude, aggressive, dominating, egotistical, etc. Which are OBVIOUSLY negative traits of masculinity.
Check out my band Disturbed
Page 1 of 5