I recently bought a BBE Bohemian Treble Booster. I have no experience with a treble booster but the demos I saw on YouTube were interesting and made me want one. I am using it primarily on Les Paul type guitars with humbuckers into a VOX VT30 but I don't know where to place it in the signal chain. I watched a "Rig Rundown" of Brian May's equipment with his tech and he says Brian likes his directly out of his guitar even before his wireless and has custom made ones that are light and are attached to his guitar strap like his wireless. Since I don't use a wireless often (I'm just to lazy to set it up) I have tried using it as the first thing in my effects chain (guitar>BBE Bohemian>Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah>Ibanez TS10>Ibanez TS9> amp). I'm not sure this is the best way to use it. Any thoughts from other Treble Boost users?
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jun 29, 2015,
I apologize in advance because you're not going to like my post.

You have 600$ worth of pedals (3 of which are overdrives) and a wireless system (did I read that right?) going into a 200$ modeling amp. Your pedals are never going to make a huge difference if the biggest part of your tone (your amp) is subpar.

I'm not saying your vox isn't good but I'm not convinced you will get anywhere close to full efficiency coming from your pedals with a modeler like that one.

For what it's worth, if it was my board, I'd put the wah first and the dirt pedals after.

I suggest you keep the pedals you have but stop buying more. Get a piggybank or an enveloppe and put all your spare change in there all the time. Get some odd jobs around the house and save as much as you can. Once you have 500, sell your amp and use the money for a vox ac30 or ac15 (if you,re after brian may tones)
Last edited by flexiblemile at Jun 29, 2015,
Quote by flexiblemile
For what it's worth, if it was my board, I'd put the wah first and the dirt pedals after.

I suggest you keep the pedals you have but stop buying more. Get a piggybank or an enveloppe and put all your spare change in there all the time. Get some odd jobs around the house and save as much as you can. Once you have 500, sell your amp and use the money for a vox ac30 or ac15 (if you,re after brian may tones)

This user isnt a 15 year old btw mike. Odd jobs around the house isnt really going to cut it unless he wants to pay himself.

In fact I'm pretty sure he is in his 60s.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jun 29, 2015,
oh ok, my mistake, sorry about that.

But my point still stands. if you want to make the most out of a bunch of different OD pedals, I'm not certain that a modeling amp with a 10 inch speaker is the way to go.

If you want good sound at low volume, go buy an AC15, they're not super pricey and they sound crazy good
The VOX is perfect for my needs as far as size and watts. I play in smaller clubs and mike the amp. I'm not looking for a stack or high gain amp. 50% of the time my gigs call for a fairly clean sound and the pedals aren't used in those cases. Maybe the treble booster was just a bad idea. Worth a shot though. Thanks.
well hold on... My band plays in bars and venues of all sizes. My wife (the other guitarist) plays through a 15 watt blues junior.

At home, she's sleeping and I use it at low volume and she doesn't wake up.
At jams, she brings up the master and she can stay clean when she wants (and we're a pretty loud 4 piece)
At gigs she sets the volume she wants and mics it.

It's a perfect pedal platform, the clean is great, it's got a nice-ish 12 inch speaker.

There's honestly nothing it can't do with the proper pedals.

Granted I think it sounds a bit better with the master volume opened up but that DOESN'T MEAN it sounds bad at low volume

And this is just one example among many. You can sound really great at low volume with tube amps, master volumes are awesome.

Next time you're at a music store, bring your guitar and your pedal board and plug into an AC15 or a blues junior or something. You don't have to compromise!
Away man get a tube amp! It's 2015 and we still rock the tubes for a reason!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I dig/own a VT30 too but I agree with the previous replies. Its a sweet lil amp imo, but it is what it is, an entry level modeling amp, and after it leaves the bedroom is when its limitations show up. Imo it does surprisingly well if its just you and a drummer, but a decent 112 tube amp will easily outperform it in all aspects, in a band situation.

I'm surprised you use the TS with it, I thought the VT30 painfully woofy with a TS.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Rickholly74
The VOX is perfect for my needs as far as size and watts. I play in smaller clubs and mike the amp. I'm not looking for a stack or high gain amp. 50% of the time my gigs call for a fairly clean sound and the pedals aren't used in those cases. Maybe the treble booster was just a bad idea. Worth a shot though. Thanks.

I guess what he was aiming at is that treble boosters were originally used as boosters which, surprice surprise, add a little treble. The intention was to add some gain plus some treble to the single channel tube amps that were more or less all that was available back in the days. That way a guitar solo had more chances of cutting through the mix, hence the response. The question is, what do you want to achieve with the treble booster?
i totally think that you need to get a new amp .

sure it may sound fine now, but once you run those same pedals through a tube amp, you WILL like it better.

****, even a $200 used peavey VK112 combo would be a heck of a jump, or even a fender HRD. they are pretty cheap too. or a peavey classic 30, again they go for pretty cheap too. all would probably net you more satisfied with your pedals and with how you want to sound.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have my old Peavey Mace but it weighs a ton (I put 2 JBL 12" spks. in it) and is too big and too powerful for the kind of gigs I play these days. My gigs are mostly "classic rock" jobs (70's-80's no metal) and low volume clubs and restaurants for the middle of the road stuff. I was using the modeling effects in the VOX amp to conserve space on the floor and it was OK but lately I have started using a selection of old pedals (I probably own 30 or more pedals that I have acquired over the years). When I use the pedals I hit the button on the amp that bypasses all the modeling features and it just becomes a straight up amp. This is pretty much working for me so I will stay with it. I just bought the BBE Bohemian because it was offered on a "Stupid Deal" on Musicians Friend and thought I might find it useful. Just haven't figured out the best place to use it (if at all). Thanks for all of the reply's.
i dunno if a treble booster will really do what you want without a tube amp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?