I bought a PRS SE Dave Navarro off of craigslist yesterday, and the neck pickup is so quiet it's almost impossible to hear. The guitar itself is like new, practically unplayed, but I have to turn my amp (Randall C-50) up almost all the way to hear the neck pick up. Needless to say, switching through the 3-selectors is worthless and I can only play on the bridge pickup. I opened it up and checked for loose wires/ bad soldering but couldn't find anything. I also tried raising the pickup, to no avail.

It's the same for playing clean or distorted. Is it just a bad pickup?

*Edit* Hi I'm the new guy. This is my greeting thread that just happens to be about my guitar.
Last edited by 13YearsANoob at Jun 29, 2015,
This sounds suspiciously like the knob mightn't be properly attached to the pot that controls the volume. Try removing the bridge pup knob and moving the pot around.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
This sounds suspiciously like the knob mightn't be properly attached to the pot that controls the volume. Try removing the bridge pup knob and moving the pot around.

There is only one volume knob and one tone knob, and the volume works fine for the bridge pickup.
okay, then I have no idea, try asking here.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day