Track title: Menacing
Link to track: https://soundcloud.com/andresjam/andres-menacing

Hey folks,

So, I've been kind of on a recording binge this weekend. I'm still working on my voice and using my microphones. I hope you guys enjoy it, I had a blast recording it.

Please let me know what you think about the mix/instrumentation/arrangement/etc. I really appreciate all your feedback.

C4C: I'll be ecstatic to return the favor to you guys. Please link me to your forum post or track.

Thanks so much!
You keep getting better at drums. They sound really cool. Nice, tight riffing, and a tight tone. Everything cool from instrumental viewpoint. Not really the most interesting track you've done but there's plenty of cool stuff there.

Now, what i'm about to say is in no way an insult and I'm not trying to put you down. I hope you've seen enough of my replies here to know that I never aim to make the OP feel bad without a reason. But I have to say, that I really, really cringed at the lyrics. At points it seemed like a joke, a parody on the whole "bad mofo fight me irl" trend. I'm not sure if the lyrics were serious or not and I have to say that they were a little bit ridiculous. The voice was nice, it really did sound menacing (no puns here), but the words themselves sounded like a thirteen year old in xbox live, at least at some points.

No insult intended, just my opinion. If you're still a beginner at lyrics I hope this helps you review you own stuff more. On the other hand, if it was intended as a joke it's goddamn golden. And I kind of feel like it is, but better safe than sorry.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
You keep getting better at drums. They sound really cool. Nice, tight riffing, and a tight tone. Everything cool from instrumental viewpoint. Not really the most interesting track you've done but there's plenty of cool stuff there.

Now, what i'm about to say is in no way an insult and I'm not trying to put you down. I hope you've seen enough of my replies here to know that I never aim to make the OP feel bad without a reason. But I have to say, that I really, really cringed at the lyrics. At points it seemed like a joke, a parody on the whole "bad mofo fight me irl" trend. I'm not sure if the lyrics were serious or not and I have to say that they were a little bit ridiculous. The voice was nice, it really did sound menacing (no puns here), but the words themselves sounded like a thirteen year old in xbox live, at least at some points.

No insult intended, just my opinion. If you're still a beginner at lyrics I hope this helps you review you own stuff more. On the other hand, if it was intended as a joke it's goddamn golden. And I kind of feel like it is, but better safe than sorry.

Lol perfect! The lyrics were ABSOLUTELY a joke. I guess I was taking a shot at doing something like the band Psychostick. You've given me some really awesome feedback, so even if you weren't happy with the track I'd like to know, because I'm always open for improvement!

The track is a little barren I'll admit it. I managed not to put any solos in here :p.

Thanks again!
I knew it Because from a comedic standpoint it's the shit. Psychostick influence is there, sure. Not a bad base for a serious track either, the riffs and drums were solid.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Hello,

As Kevätuhri pointed out, the lyrics stood out very strongly. From comedy point of view it was pretty funny

Vocals are neatly mixed. In fact, the whole mix sounds very nice and clean. Maybe the song could use some additional details and textures? Maybe some reverb or modulation effects to certain parts. Nothing drastic.

Playing is tight. Maybe little more leaning to the back beat would make the song feel even heavier and more groovy.

I would also like to add that to me the song is very unique. Lot's of points for creativity and humor along with skillful playing and mixing!

Cheers!
Last edited by Akkeli at Jun 30, 2015,
I actualy enjoyed it dude pretty funny in a good way.I was going to ask you for the vocals but i se you said they were mend to be funny.I only have 1 critic to use a bit more variation in the riffs but its nothing special eather way.Nice!!!