Page 1 of 2
First of all, thanks for the ads.

Love em.

More please?

Second of all, this ad says "Looks like Windows 7. Performs like 10." So what ad do they show for people with windows 8? "Looks like Windows 7. Performs like 10"?

Thoughts on this recent onslaught of ads, and/or my specific thought, andor/ hot bitches?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by ErikLensherr
yeah and how come there's no WHITE Entertainment Television

The acronym for that would be WET Tv
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Microsoft has ****ed the pooch so hard in the last five years what with the failure of the xbone and windows 8.

**** more people use XP than they do windows 8, if I was in charge of marketing I'd slap the shit out of the entire staff after seeing the user interface.
Quote by stratkat at #33476426
Microsoft has ****ed the pooch so hard in the last five years what with the failure of the xbone and windows 8.

**** more people use XP than they do windows 8, if I was in charge of marketing I'd slap the shit out of the entire staff after seeing the user interface.

After using 8 many times before, I still don't like the interface either.

I think getting lots of people to dislike 8 and making people more dependent on 7 was sort of the plan all along. Microsoft will inevitably stop supporting 7 with their security updates like they've already done with XP, so those people who still use 7 now will be forced into buying copies of 10. The more people they make dependent on 7, the more billions of dollars Microsoft make when they stop supporting it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 29, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I think getting lots of people to dislike 8 and making people more dependent on 7 was sort of the plan all along. Microsoft will inevitably stop supporting 7 with their security updates like they've already done with XP, so those people who still use 7 now will be forced into buying copies of 10. The more people they make dependent on 7, the more billions of dollars Microsoft make when they stop supporting it.

Or we could switch to mac, if microsoft really wants to sink their ship.
Quote by Carnivean at #33476346
First of all, thanks for the ads.

Love em.

More please?

Second of all, this ad says "Looks like Windows 7. Performs like 10." So what ad do they show for people with windows 8? "Looks like Windows 7. Performs like 10"?

Thoughts on this recent onslaught of ads, and/or my specific thought, andor/ hot bitches?

When I got it on my win8 laptop it just told me to reserve a download of win10, that was it.

And honestly that was enough, just like "here's your free ticket away from this shit, you gonna take it?"
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

8 works well on tablets and stuff like that, it also boots up 5x faster than 7 which is cool. 8.1 is really not as bad as people say
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
My dad has 8 on his office computer and it's so good. Can't wait to try 10. I currently have 7.
cat
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Except the giant hole in your theory is Microsoft is giving out free copies of 10 to every 7 and 8 user already.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by stratkat
Or we could switch to mac, if microsoft really wants to sink their ship.

id rather go down with the ship
Also if you hate windows 8 so much just download the windows 7 start menu. The windows 8 interface isn't that complicated unless you're an old geezer, I like windows 8.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
ive only used win 8 for a few minutes, didnt really get a chance to get used to it but all of my friends who actually use it regularly say it's not even a big deal and that most people are just butthurt out of herd instinct
That would be correct. I bet half the people who hate it haven't even used it.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
I've been using 8.1 for over a year now and much prefer it to 7.
It took like, an hour to figure out how everything worked (after upgrading from XP, actually).

Also, what is an ad?
Yeah if you switch to the desktop it's really similar. I like how I can designate desktop view for work and tile view for fun
cat
I like Windows 8. I haven't found it inferior to the old way at all.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Have been using 8 and 8.1 on my Surface and I've had 7 on my laptop for ages. Frankly they're both fine once you get used to them.

I still have a functional Win98 SE too.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
8.1 is OK. Non-touch interfaces don't really seem to have been considered for most it the design phase, so it's not great if, like me, you primarily use a granddad box.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Bladez22
also boots up 5x faster than 7 which is cool. 8.1 is really not as bad as people say

No it doesn't. Not at all.

8.1 is worse than people say.
Quote by Jehannum
No it doesn't. Not at all.

8.1 is worse than people say.

It's better than 3.5
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Wormholes at #33476421
#Adblock+

#ublockorigin
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by stratkat
Sir please take an apple lifeboat, at the very least a linux lifesaver.

Yes, because there have only been 20+ versions of the Mac OS, and an uncountable number of linux iterations.

I'm a fan of all of them for different reasons, but to imply that one is somehow magically "better" than another is a fanboy myth.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I've had no issues with windows 8.1, I like it quite alot. The move to Windows 10 for me will be a lateral one. Took only about an hour or two to figure it out mainly. Still learning little tricks for it now.
Also for me including my 5 second post delay it takes 23 seconds to boot up. Another 15 seconds after login to start up all its 'run-onstart' programs.
1 minute from doing jackshit to fully operational doesn't seem like a long boot up to me.

It's only gotten faster since I've installed an SSD and put all OS files and 'mission critical' shit on it.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Jun 30, 2015,
Quote by Arby911
Yes, because there have only been 20+ versions of the Mac OS, and an uncountable number of linux iterations.

I'm a fan of all of them for different reasons, but to imply that one is somehow magically "better" than another is a fanboy myth.

The unix filesystem is superior to windows NT in virtually every way

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
The unix filesystem is superior to windows NT in virtually every way

Even if I accepted that at face value, so what? (I don't because there's no such thing as "the unix filesystem", but even if we're talking about ext4, there are still several areas where NTFS beats it. Maximum file and volume sizes as an example.)

What benefit does it provide to the hundreds of millions of average users? Yeah, none.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jun 30, 2015,
Quote by Arby911

What benefit does it provide to the hundreds of millions of average users? Yeah, none.

For one, the ability to reliably restore and repair files in a very simple manner. Most Windows users however have foregone hope of this long long ago.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It's more like "It looks like Windows 7 and 8 had a baby" rather than "looks like windows 7"

I like the Windows Vista and 7 interface. I don't this new blocky look thing they had going on with Windows 8 and 10.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
It's more like "It looks like Windows 7 and 8 had a baby" rather than "looks like windows 7"

I like the Windows Vista and 7 interface. I don't this new blocky look thing they had going on with Windows 8 and 10.

You can just not use that page in Windows 8/8.1. My configuration never shows it at all. The windows key just brings up the list of programs installed.

I'm a little excited for Windows 10. I've really liked 8.1.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
You can just not use that page in Windows 8/8.1. My configuration never shows it at all. The windows key just brings up the list of programs installed.

I'm a little excited for Windows 10. I've really liked 8.1.

Also, there'll be a whole new browser to make fun of!
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Xiaoxi
For one, the ability to reliably restore and repair files in a very simple manner. Most Windows users however have foregone hope of this long long ago.

Which filesystem, specifically, are you discussing? Because as earlier noted, "unix filesystem" isn't a thing.
Charles Darwin
Maybe xixi means the filesystem architecture?
My God, it's full of stars!
Yea I wasn't talking about disk file system.

In Unix, every aspect of the OS down to the kernel level is represented by a file that can be directly accessed and edited. If a core OS component breaks, it is extremely easy to restore or repair. Not so with Windows.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 30, 2015,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea I wasn't talking about disk file system.

In Unix, every aspect of the OS down to the kernel level is represented by a file. If a core OS component breaks, it is extremely easy to restore or repair. Not so with Windows.

Again, not a significant benefit for Joe User. Geeks like us can argue these types of things, but they simply don't matter to most of the planet.
Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 2