Hello there UG fellows.

I've got a Schecter hellraiser c7 special with set of 9-60 string set, string height is 3 mm 12 fret and im getting string buzz on eight fret, but only E,A,D bass strings. I have tried to increase and decrease string height, also tried to lower and upper bridge but still getting buzz. Things getting weird its just 3 strings that buzz really loud when playing.

any ideas?
If it is only the 8th fret that buzzes, then the fret is uneven.
The most likely scenario is that the 9th fret is high on the bass side, causing the fret behind it (the 8th) to buzz.

Take the guitar to a tech (not a guitar center one) and get the fret levelled.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I wouldn't take it to a tech just yet. Try and adjust the truss rod and see if that does it. Its probably not your action just not enough relief in the neck. Either that or if you are using a heavier gauge string than usual that can cause more bow and needs to be tightened. But in this case try that first.
Quote by Bromandudeguy at #33477788
I wouldn't take it to a tech just yet. Try and adjust the truss rod and see if that does it. Its probably not your action just not enough relief in the neck. Either that or if you are using a heavier gauge string than usual that can cause more bow and needs to be tightened. But in this case try that first.

just having 1 particularly badly buzzing fret is not going to be caused by not having enough neck relief. If that were the case, all the frets from the 6th fret (or so) down would be buzzing.

Not that there's any harm in checking if the neck relief is correct though.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
just having 1 particularly badly buzzing fret is not going to be caused by not having enough neck relief. If that were the case, all the frets from the 6th fret (or so) down would be buzzing.

Not that there's any harm in checking if the neck relief is correct though.

That's true. Might need to have the fret itself looked at. My guitar actually needs buzz out of it but it was truss rod issues. I just personally think that "techs" are sketchy lol. You never know if the person really knows what they are doing or if they can actually localize the issue without trying to make you purchase things that aren't needed. Kinda like a mechanic telling you that you should buy a new tranny when all you need is transmission fluid lol. But yeah.
Quote by Bromandudeguy at #33477812
That's true. Might need to have the fret itself looked at. My guitar actually needs buzz out of it but it was truss rod issues. I just personally think that "techs" are sketchy lol. You never know if the person really knows what they are doing or if they can actually localize the issue without trying to make you purchase things that aren't needed. Kinda like a mechanic telling you that you should buy a new tranny when all you need is transmission fluid lol. But yeah.

I hear you, but in this situation it does sound like a tech will be required because getting a fret levelled properly isn't just something that one can do at home with a bastard file and some sandpaper. Really in this situation it makes sense to pay for someone who hopefully has some experience, and also the special tools needed to get the job done right. And if they don't get the job done, one has the right to demand that it is put right at no extra cost.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 30, 2015,
Agree with T00DEEPBLUE, please don't go straight for the truss rod, particularly if it's one fret buzzing.