Page 1 of 2
Ask your parents what your name would have been if you were born as the opposite sex.

My name would have been Faith (dodged a bullet, thank chance* I'm a dude).

Bonus fact: I dated a girl named Christina so if I married her and she changed her last name to mine, we'd be Christian and Christina with the same last name. She goes by her middle name, though, so it would have only looked that way on paper.

*that's the sound of me tipping my fedora
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jul 1, 2015,
That's actually a pretty good question, I might text my mom randomly tomorrow and ask her. I know I was close to being named Benjamin which would've been a dece name but so is my actual name so w/e
Quote by whywefight at #33478558
That's actually a pretty good question, I might text my mom randomly tomorrow and ask her.

Tomorrow's no good to ask her about names, she'll be too busy moaning and screaming mine all day.

Not my best work.
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33478563
Montse. It's a common girl's name in my family.

As in Monsterrat?
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola at #33478576
Tomorrow's no good to ask her about names, she'll be too busy moaning and screaming mine all day.

Good concept, terrible execution
I forgot what my mom said but she did tell me what I would have been.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
They had a whole list of boy names picked out but none for girls because they didn't think I would be a girl but here I am lol.

Navin
Arman
Xerxes
Angad
Farukh
Laxman

edit: fun fact they didn't even name me. I was born 2 and a bit months prematurely because my mom had some medical issues and they had to deliver me in order to prevent them from getting any worse. So she was unconscious for a while and my dad was in a different state for work, and my aunt named me after a name that was common in the city my grandpa was working in. She did it on purpose because she knew my mom would've wanted to name me after her best friend but my aunt wanted to name her future daughter that. And she did!
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jul 1, 2015,
Quote by seventh_angel at #33478581
Lara.

That's a cool name, but probably makes everyone jump right to thinking "Lara Croft." I had a classmate in HIST 105 called Lara, and she says she always gets references to Lara Croft.

Imagine sharing a name with a famous person. Nobody would think you're serious. Every conversation would be like:

"Hey, nice to meet you. What's your name?"
"I'm Jimmy."
"Jimmy..."
"Jimmy Hendricks."
"Very funny, asshole. What's your real name?"

Shit sounds tiresome. Why would you name your kid Tony Hawk? And remember that Taco Bell commercial with a bunch of people called Ronald McDonald (reference to Mac's real name from the high school reunion episode)?
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33478588
Why yes

That's interesting that the choices were either a popular name in English-speaking countries or named after a city in Spain (by the way, my surname is a city in Spain. Twinz!!!!)
Quote by guitarxo at #33478590
Arman
Xerxes
Laxman

I knew a guy called Arman. Xerxes makes me think of the guy from Greek history. Laxman makes me think of a dudebro jock's username on Bodybuilding.com or something.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jul 1, 2015,
Quote by guitarxo
They had a whole list of boy names picked out but none for girls because they didn't think I would be a girl but here I am lol.

Navin
Arman
Xerxes
Angad
Farukh
Laxman

those are all terrifying names

Except laxman, sounds like a chillbro
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by chrismendiola at #33478594
That's a cool name, but probably makes everyone jump right to thinking "Lara Croft." I had a classmate in HIST 105 called Lara, and she says she always gets references to Lara Croft.

Imagine sharing a name with a famous person. Nobody would think you're serious. Every conversation would be like:

"Hey, nice to meet you. What's your name?"
"I'm Jimmy."
"Jimmy..."
"Jimmy Hendricks."
"Very funny, asshole. What's your real name?"

Shit sounds tiresome. Why would you name your kid Tony Hawk? And remember that Taco Bell commercial with a bunch of people called Ronald McDonald (reference to Mac's real name from the high school reunion episode)?

Yeah, like, when I was born Tomb Raider wasn't a thing, and I doubt my parents would even know who Lara Croft was up until those movies with Angelina Jolie were released, but that's exactly what I always think.

And I like my own name, so, things worked out for the best
Quote by eGraham
those are all terrifying names

Except laxman, sounds like a chillbro

I know someone named laxman he is pretty chillbro

Idk how the other names are terrifying but i do wish mine was terrifying
cat
Quote by guitarxo at #33478603
I know someone named laxman he is pretty chillbro

Idk how the other names are terrifying but i do wish mine was terrifying

Have you ever seen 300? The villain's name is Xerxes.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Even more fun fact: my name is supposed to have an H in it (for a "dh" sound) but they forgot to put it on the birth certificate (so it's just a /d/) so when I meet indian ppl they always spell my name wrong because they think it's supposed to have an H in it

^ no, but one of my middle school bullies was named Xerxes lol. He wasn't terrifying just loud and annoying and rude.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jul 1, 2015,
They're all very good bad guy names

Especially Xerxes because of what Chris said
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by guitarxo
Even more fun fact: my name is supposed to have an H in it (for a "dh" sound) but they forgot to put it on the birth certificate (so it's just a /d/) so when I meet indian ppl they always spell my name wrong because they think it's supposed to have an H in it.

You can have the H in my name. I don't need it.
Free Ali
Free Lard
I'd actually never ask my parents this as my sister was born 2 years before me and she didn't make it, so I'd actually really rather not ask them.

However I have high hopes it would have been Maria, after my grandmother.

EDIT: ^ A woman named Nathan? your parents were progressive in the child naming department.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jul 1, 2015,
I don't know I'll have to ask my mom next time I see her. I do know that my dad wanted to name me Bruce, and my mom said no.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Jul 1, 2015,
I don't think my parents got that far. Apparently my name was supposed to be Bronson all the way up until I was born, then my parents were like nah.
Apparently I was meant to be Melissa if I was a girl......
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
No idea.

I know that I was close to being called Clark after Clark Gable because my last name is similar. My mum was like no way though haha and thankfully I have an even more eccentric and unique name that confuses the hell out of everyone I meet.

Xerxes is one helluva name though.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I don't think my dad got much say in naming, and mum's dead, so I haven't got a clue.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by chrismendiola
Ask your parents what your name would have been if you were born as the opposite sex.

My name would have been Faith (dodged a bullet, thank chance* I'm a dude).

Bonus fact: I dated a girl named Christina so if I married her and she changed her last name to mine, we'd be Christian and Christina with the same last name. She goes by her middle name, though, so it would have only looked that way on paper.

*that's the sound of me tipping my fedora

In high school, I dated this girl that had the same last name as me.
We got a lot of ribbing from other students.
Grace.

Thank **** I wasn't a girl.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
I have the sneaking suspicion it would've been something very quaintly irish, like Aoife or Claire.

If I had to choose though, I've actually no idea.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by JamSessionFreak
iunno, Blažka?

So does that make you a guy or a girl?

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Page 1 of 2