hey guys i'm having a lot of trouble with the picking in the first mr crowley solo. mostly the walk up on the high e ; --16--15--13-----18--17--15-----20--18--17 would you do pull offs or just speed alternate picking. regular down-up-downs. idk but i cant get it to feel right but maybe it just takes more speed building also any tips for the rest of the solo that helped you a llot
Last edited by daddysguitarist at Jul 1, 2015,
It doesn't help that I have seriously no clue what part you're talking about. There's like 2 minutes of soloing in that song. I would play it in the same way Randy plays it, whether it's alternate picked or legato. As I said though, I don't know what part you're talking about so I don't know how Randy plays it.
if it's the bit i'm thinking of (i thought it was more chromatic than that) i think he picks it. but i could be wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if it's the bit i'm thinking of (i thought it was more chromatic than that) i think he picks it. but i could be wrong.

He's definitely picking it on the original recording and if you listen closely you can hear he's not paying a huge amount of attention to being 100% clean with it either; it's one of those moments that's much more about the feel of what's going on and ending in the right place than it is getting the notes exactly 'right' if you ask me!

I'm 99% sure this is what I'd call the third lick in the first real solo of the song (i.e. not including the little chorus fills); it starts with that really standard blues idea, then a sequenced run down and up the pentatonic scale, then this which lasts for a split second before that first really high bend.

As I say, I reckon this is much less about getting the exact notes in the right place and more about getting the feel of the passage and the exit of the lick right; that bend has to be in the right place, and this lick is just a way of getting there.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^^ yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?