Page 1 of 5
I am melting

Britsh people are not made for temperatures above 27 degrees celcius

Send help

How do you deal with extreme heat?
I live in the desert dude. We get 40 Celsius on the regular in the summer. Something to do with thick blood whatever yaddda yadda. I turn up the Air conditioning easy
Quote by EndTheRapture51
How do you deal with extreme heat?

whine about it on the internet
Quote by Weaponized
I live in the desert dude. We get 40 Celsius on the regular in the summer. Something to do with thick blood whatever yaddda yadda. I turn up the Air conditioning easy

I visited Phoenix last year and ever since I know that I have no right to complain about the measly 30 we get in the UK.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I visited Phoenix last year and ever since I know that I have no right to complain about the measly 30 we get in the UK.

at least it's dry! (TODAY WAS HUMID I WANT TO DIE)
Agreed it is far too hot. Even the nice breeze here is not enough to make it bearable
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
You people can finally use those solar panels, stop complaining.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Most places here don't have air con because we only get this weather for a couple of weeks a year so we just have to live with it
I would probably buy a window air condition even if I only used it a couple weeks a year
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I have air-conditioning at work, but I hate it. Everything goes bonkers every time someone opens a window or door for five seconds, and on top of that, the maintenance guys don't seem to know how to properly clean the ducts, so I can't stop coughing every time the air-conditioning switches on.

I'd honestly rather just be hot than have to deal with constant changes in temperature.
Any temperature above 20c can **** off really

I'm going to deal with it by purchasing a fan. I should have bought one years ago.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Pastafarian96
A summer's day that's less than 32 is cold where I live, 27 is night time temperature.

It was a solid 6 all day yesterday, which is very cold where I live, for the day time.

Don't such low temperatures kill all your kangaroos and whatnot?
Roll shirt sleeves up, put on shorts, put on sunglasses, sit somewhere cool, big glass of something with lots of ice in.

I feel like I'm melting here but I know it's been hotter in places I've gone before and I was fine. Wore black jeans in LA in July and didn't die then so god knows why it feels so hot here in shorts.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Last edited by digman50 at Jul 1, 2015,
digman some of us have to WORK we can't just spend all day swanning about in the grounds of our dads country manor in shorts
stay indoors

I never use AC during the day because it's too expensive and if you open your windows but keep your curtains/blinds drawn you get all the benefits of the shade without sacrificing air circulation

and sit on the floor if it isn't carpeted
cat
30C? Hot? Are you kidding? You Brits are weenies. Where I live temperatures range from -20C or less in the winter to 40C in the summer throughout the year. Sometimes more.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
it's fine

until I get on a bus (about 30-45 mins)

was a lot worse getting to where I used to work because I had to spend a similar amount of time on an underground train. still have to take some trains but the underground bit is like 3 minutes max and the overground trains I use for the rest of the journey (about 10 mins) are newer and better designed with nice air con, so even if it's packed it's like stepping into a fridge.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by EndTheRapture51
digman some of us have to WORK we can't just spend all day swanning about in the grounds of our dads country manor in shorts

Oh right, you're out of luck then

Tbf I don't live in a country manor (yet >.> ).

I have to drive 2 hours to a concert tonight, during rush hour, so I'm going to boil in my car even with the air conditioning on. Can't even wear shorts cause it'll look out of place #firstworldproblems

Off to St Tropez on Saturday so this is kind of like a dress rehearsal

I wish I was still in Bangor for this weather. Sun and the sea, is where I want to be, pick me up and turn me around. Hi oh! **** this landlocked town.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by digman50

I have to drive 2 hours to a concert tonight, during rush hour, so I'm going to boil in my car even with the air conditioning on. Can't even wear shorts cause it'll look out of place #firstworldproblems

this is also an issue, looking somewhat professional to work. If I could do so while wearing shorts and a vest then the heat wouldn't be a big deal at all.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Airconditioning, is it that ****ing hard for you brits to spend 80 euro on window unit so you can sit and sleep comfortably so you can stop bitching about your 2 week summer every year.
Quote by digman50

Why can't you wear shorts? Are you seeing the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?
Shorts are for peasants and he will not submit to the weather. He must retain his high social status by wearing his £4000 suits all day long.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Tailored shorts, as I have on now, plus an oxford shirt with the sleeves rolled up neatly can look professional enough, especially if you wear it with a jacket (which you can take off while you're at a desk) and smart enough shoes.

Even so, for most office environments it's still going to be out of place.

Don't most offices have air-con nowadays?

I'm at work but there's zero air con and I'm wearing a smart shirt with the sleeves rolled up and black smart trousers and **** me it's hot

There's a teacher in today though who's wearing shorts and he just looks very creepy considering he's like 60 and it's a all girls school pls stop
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Why can't you wear shorts? Are you seeing the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?

All my shorts are tailored shorts, I can't wear them with high-top Converse and a t-shirt to see a rock band (Rival Sons) cause it'll look ridiculous.

All my non-high-top trainers are suede or actual running trainers so I can't wear them cause they'll die.

My solution is to accept that my legs will melt and wear black jeans regardless.

It's difficult to believe our fairly recent ancestors subdued most of the world wearing thick woolens.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by digman50
All my shorts are tailored shorts, I can't wear them with high-top Converse and a t-shirt to see a rock band (Rival Sons) cause it'll look ridiculous.

All my non-high-top trainers are suede or actual running trainers so I can't wear them cause they'll die.

My solution is to accept that my legs will melt and wear black jeans regardless.

Jesus dig you're even more of a metrosexual than am I
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Jesus dig you're even more of a metrosexual than am I

#YesAllMen

Lol Rival Sons were playing in my local venue last week. I would have liked to have seen them since they're alright, but god damn the ticket prices mayyyyne. Absolute joke.

Quote by metal4eva_22
I saw them supporting Judas Priest, thought they sounded like a 70s throwback act. Didn't do a lot for me. Then Queensryche came on to stink the place up with the most phoned in performance I've ever seen. Judas were awesome though.
Yes they definitely have that whole throwback thing going on. Still I've heard a couple of their songs and they seem decent. My area rarely brings any actual bands that I would like to hear, and I can't afford to be spending £27 on a band that I am only half I interested in seeing.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by digman50

Do you really need it? Really, really need St Tropez?

Do you want a tan where the sun, it never shines?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Are they like Royal Blood because Royal Blood are ****ing atrocious

From what I remember, not at all.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Nero Galon
Lol Rival Sons were playing in my local venue last week. I would have liked to have seen them since they're alright, but god damn the ticket prices mayyyyne. Absolute joke.

It's under £20 a ticket

They're nothing like Royal Blood, although I like them aswell (except some of their atrocious covers on BBC R1 Live Lounge)

They've got a bit of a throwback-70s vibe to them but their newest album has moved further away from that a bit and they're brilliant live. Met them backstage last year and they're all really friendly too, so it helps that they're nice guys and not all douchebags.

Page 1 of 5