hi all.
i want to get Tom Delonge's tone for this song but i dont know his amp settings.
i have a Vox VT20+.
Thanks for your time.
I don't think this is the best place to ask about amp settings. Figure out what amp Tom Delonge uses and use a similar amp model. Then just start tweaking the knobs. Remember that you can't get exactly the same tone so just try to find something that's close enough and works for the song. I don't really see a point in trying to get exactly the same tone as somebody else. First of all, it's not possible. And also, you can play the song, even if your tone is not the same as in the original version.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
It's not, i'm moving it. MT is for the mental aspect of music, to put it in one sentence.

AAAAAAND YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

I done gone and misclicked. This isn't where it belongs either, hopefully a mod can re-re-direct it.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Well, to answer the question, I believe he used a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier in that period, so something fairly high gain, but keep the gain medium. Let the guitar push the amp a bit.
He used a Dual Rectifier with his signature strat that was loaded with a Duncan Invader. As far as replicating that with a Vox VT, I can't help you there.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
i'd try the mesa dual rectifier model (US metal? that's what it is on the mini 3), or maybe the soldano model (US high gain) if that's too metal-sounding. use your bridge humbucker (assuming your guitar has one), guitar volume and tone knobs on full.

Quote by Jet Penguin
It's not, i'm moving it. MT is for the mental aspect of music, to put it in one sentence.

AAAAAAND YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

I done gone and misclicked. This isn't where it belongs either, hopefully a mod can re-re-direct it.

hahahahahahahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeap.my guitar has a humbucker.
i think Tom use a Vox AC30 nowadays,but im not sure...
ill try all the metal things on my amp and ill find which of them sound best
Thanks again!!