Poll: Which is true?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is true?
A lazy person will find an easy way to do a difficult job
24 77%
A lazy person works twice as hard as the hard working person because they have to redo things
7 23%
Voters: 31.
Page 1 of 2
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it

or

A lazy person works twice as hard as the hard working person because they have to redo things

Which is true?
I am lazy and don't work at all.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. - Robert Heinlein

Laziness is heavily underrated imo.

That being said, a distinction should be made between people who are lazy and want to do as little work as possible and people who just stand by while shit goes wrong. There's laziness and then there's just intentional ignorance.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 1, 2015,
And a further distinction should be made between the lazy and chronic procrastinators.
I think you gotta be a hard lazy worker so you maximise time and work done, making it very efficient overall.

My boss right now is a very hard worker, he'll work every minute of every day but he's very inefficient. I can do a job that takes him an hour in half the amount of time because I am a bit lazier than him and so have created my own methods to get that work done quicker rather than working from the book meretriciously meticulously and to the letter and taking a lot of time.

So it depends what you want really.
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jul 1, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I think you gotta be a hard lazy worker so you maximise time and work done, making it very efficient overall.

My boss right now is a very hard worker, he'll work every minute of every day but he's very inefficient. I can do a job that takes him an hour in half the amount of time because I am a bit lazier than him and so have created my own methods to get that work done quicker rather than working from the book meretriciously and to the letter and taking a lot of time.

So it depends what you want really.

Shouldn't that be 'meticulously'?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Yes it should be but I'm lazy so I auto corrected instead of proofreading properly. At least I know what meritoriously is now

#irony
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yes it should be but I'm lazy so I auto corrected instead of proofreading properly

#irony

I had to google it to find out if it was a real word.

Apparently it is, so my vocabulary just levelled up.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Do I HAVE to answer?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I think this is reaching close to Occams Razor a little.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Do I HAVE to answer?

Hehe, I get it, because you're implying you're lazy.

Imagine how funny it would be if someone made this joke by not posting at all. Hi-freaking-larious!
Quote by ultimate-slash

Imagine how funny it would be if someone made this joke by not posting at all. Hi-freaking-larious!

I did, and then gave a one-word answer because of an imminent deadline.
Quote by Diemon Dave
No idea, couldn't be bothered reading OP.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
The first one assumes the lazy person is also smart and the second one doesn't make sense to me.

I think that means I'm not lazy enough to relate to it
cat
The second one is about a lazy person doing a job really badly because they're lazy so they have to do it again rather than just hving to do it once like a non lazy person
I picked option b cause that is how I treat my work days. We have mandatory over time if you don't finish your work and I'm not gonna stay there if I don't have too

^And I do a good job thank you very much
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Jul 1, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The second one is about a lazy person doing a job really badly because they're lazy so they have to do it again rather than just hving to do it once like a non lazy person

Oh okay. I guess that depends on the type of lazy person - whether they are most likely to value planning or instant gratification. If i were lazy I would go with the former.

Also i just realized that you meant the two options to sort of be opposites right? But I don't see them as opposites. Sorry I'm really bad at this.
cat
I have learnt that when you cut corners, the job won't be done properly, it will need to be redone. So the second one.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by EndTheRapture51
an efficient person will find an easy way to do it

or

A lazy person works half as hard as the hard working person because someone else will have to redo things

Which is true?

corrected for reality
"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it"
I'm like that.
But I don't look at it like trying to find the easiest way to get a job done, but a more efficient way to get it done.
But that also takes careful planning, at least I do it that way.
When I come across a new task, I will often spend some time thinking about the best way to accomplish that task before I do anything.

Only if they don't know what they are doing.
The "Hard working person" can screw things up too.
Quote by ultimate-slash

I'm so lazy I won't even follow this advice
Depends if their 'easy' way does the job properly or not.. If it does then surely thats just called being efficient?
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
i'm not a huge fan of the OP cause it uses slightly different definitions for 'lazy'.
superman is killing himself tonight
None of the above. Not worth paying even a penny for.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
1 A lazy person will find an easy way to do a difficult job

2A lazy person works twice as hard as the hard working person because they have to redo things

first person is just a shortcutter. It's not necessarily lazy. It certainly can be, but sometimes shortcutting is really effective

second person is just an idiot. Has little understanding of his role, and how to actually do it. This is someone who failed a test they never studied for, so they do it again.

I find none of your "lazies" as actual laziness
superman is killing himself tonight
I think they both could be true depending on the person and situation.

I'm lazy, yet hard working when I need to be
The first one's a Bill Gates quote right?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I work in retail. You have to cut corners and priortize just to keep things running cuz they never hire enough ****ing people. If I were to try to do everything id probably literally die.
Nobody is as efficient as a lazy person (me) who knows that sweet, sweet relaxation awaits them as soon as the current job is complete.

However, the fastest route to inefficiency is making it clear to a lazy person that the only reward for efficient work is more work.
Neither is true. The "lazy" person in the first paradigm isn't truly lazy. A truly lazy person would have half-assed the job. Thinking about how to do things more efficiently is work, and thus, is not something a lazy person would really do.

Lazy people do not "have" to do redo things. i.e. if I tidy my room twice a week, and a lazy person lets his/her home to become disheveled, I work harder than that person.

Shit thread, it's like that time you posted that quote about people talking about other people which turned out to be some other bullshit. 0/10
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jul 2, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
Neither is true. The "lazy" person in the first paradigm isn't truly lazy. A truly lazy person would have half-assed the job. Thinking about how to do things more efficiently is work, and thus, is not something a lazy person would really do.

Lazy people do not "have" to do redo things. i.e. if I tidy my room twice a week, and a lazy person lets his/her home to become disheveled, I work harder than that person.

Shit thread, it's like that time you posted that quote about people talking about other people which turned out to be some other bullshit. 0/10

It's more like...if you hoover and dust once a week, put things away after using them, keep your room neat etc. as you go it's less "lazy" and less work, because a lazy person will live in squalor and eventually have to take a week off to clean their shitehole pigysty as well as the effort of looking for things that aren't ordered etc.
I think being lazy just means you're disinclined to work, without many other implications.
You can be lazy and do a good job (in which case being efficient will greatly benefit you), or you can be lazy and do a shit job (in which case you just don't do stuff and don't care that nothing works).

Hell, you can even be lazy and work your ass off. In which case you'll probably just be an unhappy lazy person.

To give an example: I am very lazy, whereas my flatmate is not. She will happily clean the entire apartment three times a week just because she isn't doing anything else. I, however, will look at the apartment, see that it's clean (and if not - clean it), take off my pants, lie down in the middle of the living room and stare at the ceiling for three hours.

My point being, if she's away for a few weeks, the apartment is still clean, but there's more staring at the ceiling going on. It's not that one of us is necessarily more effective/efficient, it's just that she's more inclined to be active.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 2, 2015,
Page 1 of 2