I recently got a Randall RM100 & was after advice for a new module. It currently has all Randall modules in it, the Deluxe, XTC & UltraXL. I can only afford to change one at the moment, which is fine as I'm happy with the Deluxe module & pretty happy with the XTC module. I want to change the UltraXL module.

I will be buying the module outright, not getting mine revamped, as the saving after sending it from the UK & getting it back is minimal. I'm not sure whether to get a replacement for the Ultra & use the XTC as the crunch (which I would be happy with) or use the XTC for high gain & get something like Salvation's Mashall for crunch.

I've got a pleasing clean from the Deluxe, I can get a nice crunch from the XTC, but I would like a better high gain sound, maybe a 5150 sound or a Mesa Recto/Mark sound. I know it's all relative to pick ups & speakers, but it doesn't have to be an exact sound match, just in the ballpark. Been looking at Salvation & Jaded Faith, but is there any others out there that are any good?
My Gear:- A guitar, a guitar lead, a guitar amplifier. Or sometimes just an acoustic guitar!
Jaded Faith have just released a new range of modules that are substantially cheaper. They're $165 plus donor. They haven't listed them on their site yet, just on their Facebook page.
Here they are:

As you can see, there's a 6505 one amongst them.

Or there is this: http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/trilogy.html

Personally, my favourite is their SL-OD100. It really does sound like a SLO.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Salvation make a very nice Mark 2 module, the Markus.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cathbard, I'm not sure whether to swear at you, I want all of those!!! The Trilogy looks very interesting, and a good price too. That could very well be the one I think! But, an SLO is also a possibility
My Gear:- A guitar, a guitar lead, a guitar amplifier. Or sometimes just an acoustic guitar!
Last edited by anguskilminster at Jul 2, 2015,
When I was looking into buying your amp, I was looking at mods I could do using the modules in there currently, and found that the XTC wasn't very viable for many models people offered. The best I found was the Bogner Uberschall model by Jaded Faith. http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/-bersonic.html

That's if you ever find you're unhappy with the XTC.
Just looked on the Jaded Faith product page, the Trilogy has been discontinued!!! Bloody typical!
Ambler, I think the XTC is very usable, the UltraXL is a fair bit too fizzy.
I like the SL-OD100 so much that I just ordered a second one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks for all the input guys, I'll have to set up at home & just get right into it. Cath, that's just greedy!!
Quote by Cathbard
I like the SL-OD100 so much that I just ordered a second one.

I would have gotten something else but that's just me
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
All I use in this band is the SLO module - and I've got two RMs.
They're actually making me a custom one cheap. I never move the switches so they're leaving them off. Just gonna have the OD switch.
And anyway, a Mash-all and two SLO modules has just got to be good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Piggyback question.

I have a shot an RM100 with Foglifter, fresh tubes and SL+, Recto and Blackface modules for $500 US. Good deal?
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Yes
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Hi, I sold it yesterday sorry , I have a 6505 for $800 if you want.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
ikr