Hi everyone!

Just some background: been playing since around 2008 and tried busking a few times, mostly for fun. The big problem I found with busking, apart from my lack of skills, was that it's hard to get noticed in busy places because of how noisy it is or you're shoved in a corner near a power outlet.

I've been working on this project for over a year now and recently put up a website and I'd love to hear some feedback (bad pun, I know). (Also, I'm not sure if me linking to the website is acceptable or not, let me know and I'll post a description instead!)

Is this something you would use?
What else would you like to know about it?
Yes, you can use an amplifier outside.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Whoops haha, my bad.

My question was: one of the ways I see people using the project I'm working on is by using amplifiers outside while busking! But I was curious about whether people would ACTUALLY use it for that?

A little background, since I don't want to link to it again for fear of being spammy.

It's a portable power outlet. I've attached an image. So you can use your amplifier (and a lot of other things, really) anywhere you wanted without extension cables or car batteries. It's pretty tiny (around 11cmx10cmx8cm) and can power your amp for a looooooooong time.

Would people who busk generally use something like that?
Attachments:
email-image - Copy.jpg
Quote by luv090909
Whoops haha, my bad.

My question was: one of the ways I see people using the project I'm working on is by using amplifiers outside while busking! But I was curious about whether people would ACTUALLY use it for that?

A little background, since I don't want to link to it again for fear of being spammy.

It's a portable power outlet. I've attached an image. So you can use your amplifier (and a lot of other things, really) anywhere you wanted without extension cables or car batteries. It's pretty tiny (around 11cmx10cmx8cm) and can power your amp for a looooooooong time.

Would people who busk generally use something like that?

That actually looks pretty cool and very useful.
If I busked and had the money, I might get one of those.
30,000 mAH looks pretty attractive.

I'd want to check the weight and what its made of before I bought one though.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 1, 2015,
That is interesting, but there are a number of amps that are battery powered and put out some decent sound. I suppose if you have some very particular requirements or preferences, then a nice power supply would be useful.
I've got an old Carvin StageMate 400D.

It can go up on a stand, has an extension speaker available, and is powered by a rechargeable (and interchangeable) internal lead/acid battery that will run for several hours per charge. You can have one battery on charge and swap them out between sets.

Each cabinet contains a 10" (I believe) LF driver in a ported, closed-back enclosure along with a 1" tweeter for HF.

As you can see, there's a mini-mixer on the back that will handle guitar/vocal mike. It's a two-way system with great clarity and surprising volume available. The "D" model also has built-in effects that can be assigned to each channel.

And no, that's not me:

Last edited by dspellman at Jul 2, 2015,
People who busk with amps usually just use lightweight battery powered amps made for busking.
Quote by jpnyc
People who busk with amps usually just use lightweight battery powered amps made for busking.

Agreed, but was/is that out of choice or necessity? If nothing else is available, you use what you can find.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Agreed, but was/is that out of choice or necessity? If nothing else is available, you use what you can find.

This is kinda what I believe, I was trying to test that assumption.

And dspellman, that was amazing feedback, thank you! I'll look more into these things. They seem pretty pricey and heavy to be honest. Have you seen a lot of people use them?