I bought a super cheap pedal power supply from China a good while back. And honestly it's served me well, but now that I've gotten a larger pedalboard and stuff it seems to be getting noisy. I suppose I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure the hum is coming from the power supply. Unplugging some pedals, or using a battery makes a big difference in the amount of hum. Bypassing the pedalboard removes absolutely all of the hum. And if it matters, it's definitely a HUM as opposed to a BUZZ. It's fairly low pitched and smooth sounding.

Assuming I'm right about the power supply, does that mean I should look at an isolated power supply? I know nothing about them, I don't even know what makes them different than the generic 1Spot type of power supply.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
The power supply you have now sounds like a daisy chain.
The One Spot is a daisy chain type power supply.
Not all pedals play well together when powered via a non-isolated (daisy chained) power supply.
Particularly digital and analog pedals.

Truetone (previously known as Visual Sound, makers of the One Spot), now have the
One Spot Pro (or something like that) that is an isolated power supply.
There is also the Voodoo labs PP2+.
And a few others as well.
But an isolated power supply is best for multiple pedals.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 2, 2015,
Yes, that's exactly what it is.

That makes sense, my pedalboard is about half and half of digital/analog.
It really depends on your needs. Sometimes there are so many different power supply needs you have to spend "amp money" powering your board with one device.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/voodoo-lab-pedal-power-2-power-supply

Sometimes a One Spot will cover all your needs for clean quiet power at $19. If only one pedal is the hum offender, consider powering it with a factory wall wart and the rest of the board on a One Spot. This might save you $200 better spent elsewhere.

Voodoo Labs is a good 9vdc supply and there are others that have multiple voltage and AC/DC circuits. They tend to be pricy though. List out your pedals and choose exactly the right tool for the job.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
walrus aetos
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I'm thinking of the bbe supa charger. It has two high watt outputs for my digidelay and shimverb. And the outputs can be set to 12v for my AMT e1. All the reviews of it are great too.
I can attest, that after years of use, the Supa Charger is GREAT. I fully back your decision, sir.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...