i think you should contact satriani and be put on g3 tour next year
Maybe you should be featered in bedroom warriors II: shredding just for the sake of it.
In all seriousness: start composing songs rather than just doing this auto-felatio.
It's really less guitar playing and more self-indulgent noodling, and messy noodling using tricks to cover up. You use the ridiculous delay, low volume, and a hair tie to cover up sloppy playing. Until you post something without those tricks, your technical skills are questionable. It's not questionable, however, that your bending and vibrato are shoddy and your sense phrasing is pretty non-existent. Also you anchor your picking hand, which is not really good technique when playing fast.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
WOW! You sure can play a lot of notes!!

If musicians were paid by the note, you would be on the right track...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
hey leave the girl alone I think she's not too bad, get a hair thingy for your hair though that's kinda annoying, but yea keep practicing you never know.
jrcs,
Audio quality could be much better, especially with the backing track. I thought some of your playing was impressive, though I agree there's more to lead guitar playing than how fast you can play (you can play fast). Some of your leads have melody, though I would work on having more melodies and less constant speed. I think you would have had less negative responses had you just said, "hey, check out my lead guitar, will C4C", instead of saying how great you are (I know you are trying to generate interest). Everyone likes to hear compliments, though it could be good to ask in your threads where you could stand some improvement, and some of the comments will be less mean. And you might learn something constructive (even if criticism is not usually fun). Keep at it, though remember the vast majority of us will need a "normal" job to make a living. I used to work near a fairly famous punk band member, and he still worked a day job doing manual labor to make a living (and that was before mp3's ravaged the music industry). Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1679954
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Jul 2, 2015,
I will contact Satch, good idea

I am trying to be as humble as possible while still representing myself as something significant.

It is shredding just for the fun of it. I have hella fun! I do compose music though, check out my bandcamp: https://totallytubular.bandcamp.com/album/totally-tubular-music-vol-1

It is what it is. It is me playing the guitar for fun. This is one of the things I do to have fun. It also isnt sloppy in the least bit. It is very well refined and the hair tie isnt doing quite what you think it is doing. I have no need to cover anything up. My bending and vibrato are just fine, I did exactly what I wanted to do with my 1 featured bend and vibrato in this clip. My phrasing is fine as well. I follow the chord progression with my modes. It would sound really apparent and awful if I wasnt tightly following the progression. I dont usually anchor my picking hand, I try to keep it open, but when I am performing I sometimes fall into it. It's really not a problem.

I will upload a video in the future of me only playing a total of 6 notes.

I would be right on track plenty of guitarists are making a living by writing mediocre songs that follow your standard pop formula and add in cheesy guitar solos.

I actually really like my album. I like listening to the polyrhythms and key changes and saxophone solos.

I appreciate the compliment, I would rather be a girl than a dude any day. I dont however enjoy ponytails.

Yngwie would enjoy this.

I left you a bump. There is much more to being a musician than playing fast, but if you go around judging people based on one scenario assuming things outside your perception, you arent gonna get anywhere in life. There are plenty of highly looked upon jazz guitarists that play straight 16th notes with very little breaks and everyone likes them. What I am doing is much more difficult. You might think its easy to repeat a sequence or pattern and move it around like buckethead does but I am not doing what buckethead does. I am playing the guitar like a piano. I am outlining the harmonies, just really quickly. Except with the 6 finger buckethead nubbing, that is completely atonal. Nobody really gives me criticism that is constructive. I would prefer people recommend me new guitar tricks to learn. I feel that I have mastered what I do, and can only expand upon it at this point.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

I actually really like my album. I like listening to the polyrhythms and key changes and saxophone solos.

/thread

If I could play like you, I wouldn't.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
It also isnt sloppy in the least bit. It is very well refined and the hair tie isnt doing quite what you think it is doing. I have no need to cover anything up. My bending and vibrato are just fine, I did exactly what I wanted to do with my 1 featured bend and vibrato in this clip. My phrasing is fine as well. I follow the chord progression with my modes. It would sound really apparent and awful if I wasnt tightly following the progression. I dont usually anchor my picking hand, I try to keep it open, but when I am performing I sometimes fall into it. It's really not a problem.

If you didn't want honest opinions you came to the wrong place.

I'd say you start your career while you're still perfect in every way.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Have you checked Pebber Brown videos on YouTube? He taught Buckethead for like 15 years.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Pretty cool. How many people come to your gigs?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by theogonia777
It's really less guitar playing and more self-indulgent noodling, and messy noodling using tricks to cover up. You use the ridiculous delay, low volume, and a hair tie to cover up sloppy playing. Until you post something without those tricks, your technical skills are questionable. It's not questionable, however, that your bending and vibrato are shoddy and your sense phrasing is pretty non-existent. Also you anchor your picking hand, which is not really good technique when playing fast.

I'd love you to say this to me while standing over me.
Quote by Jehannum
I'd love you to say this to me while standing over me.

Somebody hasn't been practicing their phrasing, have they?

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
One bedroom noodler in a sea of 10,000,000 bedroom noodlers who all sound exactly the same. There is zero demand for this "skill" sorry.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 3, 2015,