Hi ,
I bought this a while ago for pretty a fair price , from someone who heritated of it .

I wanted to know if you guys ever tried this cabinet and is so what do you think about it .
I think this cabinet is quite rare because I cant find any decent video of it on google/youtube.

Its a 2x12'' + 1x15'' like you can see throught the cab on the picture .
It is powered by a Randall RH300G3 Head .

I personally think it sounds really great with a nice warm sound .

But there is one thing I dont understand , there is only one plug behind the cab !! can someone explain me what it is , I dont know much about big amps this is my first one !!

Thanks

Last edited by drm3tal at Jul 2, 2015,
I'm not familiar with your cab, but when you say "one plug behind the cab", do you just mean the one input jack socket there? Some cabs only have the one socket.

(unless i've misunderstood what you mean)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'm not familiar with your cab, but when you say "one plug behind the cab", do you just mean the one input jack socket there? Some cabs only have the one socket.

(unless i've misunderstood what you mean)

Yes you understood .

But whats the difference between 1 and 2 socket ! I want to pull the best out of this little monster !
I owned one of these for a while. Not a bad cab at all. That jack on the back is the input. Mine was wired for 8ohms.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I like mine. i use it with my splawn promod . I swapped the stock 12"s for t75's.

As stated, 8 ohm cab.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by drm3tal
Yes you understood .

But whats the difference between 1 and 2 socket ! I want to pull the best out of this little monster !

no difference if you want to run all the speakers at once with the one amp.

the extra socket is sometimes a parallel socket, which means you can connect the cab to a separate cab if you want to run two cabs at once. It's not a dealbreaker, though, because a lot of amps have two speaker sockets anyway, so can be connected to two cabs at the amp, and even if your amp doesn't, you can get speaker cables which accomplish the same thing. Just a little more bother and expense.

sometimes the extra socket is for stereo operation- this will let you run the speakers separately from each other (in a 2x12 you can run each speaker separately; in a 4x12 it normally lets you run pairs of speakers separately). this lets you run two amps into the one cabinet (if you have two amps you want to run at once, or want to have two amps run separately, but don't want to have to unplug and replug all the cables all the time), but you only get to use half the speakers for each amp.

Also if you have a cabinet with different speaker models in it, the stereo operation will let you hear how each speaker type sounds alone, rather than the overall mix you hear when all the speakers are run at once.

Anyway, as I said at the start- if you would only be running the cab with all the speakers on at once into the one amp, you're not missing anything by only having the one socket. so don't worry.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
most 2 sockets are designed for running multiple cabs

i imagine the impedance is already 2 or 4ohm and that's a perfectly healthy place to stay without pushing your amp by throwing another cab in the mix

essentially it's saying "this is as big as i'm gonna get"
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Dave_Mc
no difference if you want to run all the speakers at once with the one amp.

the extra socket is sometimes a parallel socket, which means you can connect the cab to a separate cab if you want to run two cabs at once. It's not a dealbreaker, though, because a lot of amps have two speaker sockets anyway, so can be connected to two cabs at the amp, and even if your amp doesn't, you can get speaker cables which accomplish the same thing. Just a little more bother and expense.

sometimes the extra socket is for stereo operation- this will let you run the speakers separately from each other (in a 2x12 you can run each speaker separately; in a 4x12 it normally lets you run pairs of speakers separately). this lets you run two amps into the one cabinet (if you have two amps you want to run at once, or want to have two amps run separately, but don't want to have to unplug and replug all the cables all the time), but you only get to use half the speakers for each amp.

Also if you have a cabinet with different speaker models in it, the stereo operation will let you hear how each speaker type sounds alone, rather than the overall mix you hear when all the speakers are run at once.

Anyway, as I said at the start- if you would only be running the cab with all the speakers on at once into the one amp, you're not missing anything by only having the one socket. so don't worry.

Great ! , info .
Thanks to all of you for teaching me ! |m/
^ No problem

Just to add to what I already wrote, it's normally pretty obvious if the extra socket is for stereo/mono operation as there will often (but not always) be a switch which says something along those lines.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?