Why do they? It's a bit stupid. Their rating should reflect the equivalent guitar pro rating, or they should have their own ratings
??? I've seen loads of Tab Pro tabs with a lower than 5* rating
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Ok, well this as an example

Why is the tab pro 5 stars?

...why is the tab pro 5 stars?

EDIT:

Here it seems the tab pro has taken the ratings from the guitar pro version 2. Is the tab pro not made from the first guitar pro file that has been uploaded?

Do people even use tab pro? It makes no sense.
Last edited by sam b at Jul 4, 2015,
I use Tab Pro, never noticed anything like you just posted although I've also never paid that much attention.

I know there's usually only one tab pro tab in the UG search results though, when you follow the link it goes to that version then there are other version available once you're at tab pro. My guess is that UG only lists the highest rated version, which would explain your last example.

Don't know about the first 2 examples though.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
When a Guitar Pro tab for any song is first submitted, a Tab Pro file is automatically made from it and given a 5 star rating, even before the Guitar Pro tab has received any ratings. That accounts for your second example.

When there is more than one GP tab, Tab Pro will take the one with the highest rating/most 5 star ratings. Example three. This is fine.

If a GP tab is given a rating lower than 5 stars, the Tab Pro version's rating is not changed to reflect that. That is your example one. This apparently doesn't happen in every case as people have mentioned seeing 4 star ratings, etc but it appears to be quite common.

Clearly examples one and two are incorrect and misleading, and the Tab Pro tabs in those cases should have a 3 star rating and be unrated respectively.