Hi, I just recorded a metal guitar solo over a judas priest style backing track its under 90 seconds long, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to edit my guitar playing to perhaps make it sound better..like eq'ing and effects ect..I know time is money but I am saving up just to be poor right now, I could send the seperate guitar solo and instrumental to you, I dont except much but i was curious what a talented audio engineer or producer could do to improve a guitar solo, if you want to help me out please let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
I'd take a shot at it! PM me links to the tracks!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
For something like a guitar solo the only thing I would apply really is a low/high pass and maybe some compression. Apart from that it is really dependent on what you want it to sound like as far as effects go.

Unless you are talking about intensive editing, as in cutting each note to the grid or tuning specific notes, there isn't really anything that is going to make the performance sound better. No amount of mixing and editing is going to make poor playing sound good.

If the performance is solid and it sounds how you would like it to, then yes you can make it fit in a mix by using the above. Hearing it would be more useful though.
Quote by Frenetixx
Hi, I just recorded a metal guitar solo over a judas priest style backing track its under 90 seconds long, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to edit my guitar playing to perhaps make it sound better..like eq'ing and effects ect..I know time is money but I am saving up just to be poor right now, I could send the seperate guitar solo and instrumental to you, I dont except much but i was curious what a talented audio engineer or producer could do to improve a guitar solo, if you want to help me out please let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Nothing wrong with effects & EQ.

As long as the original take is right on phrasing and timing, there's nothing wrong with tweaking its sound in the mix.
A polished turd is still a turd, in other words, your choice of tonality, FX and playing is what makes the solo. You make it sound pretty. We can sit here and EQ it, compress it, hell even auto pan it for some cheesy effect haha but what matters is your guitar and what it's put in to.

P.S. I didn't call your work a turd, it's just a saying haha