I've just recently started to use addictive drums. I'm looking up tutorials here and there but these tutorials aren't exactly showing how the recording with addictive drums work. I want to know if there's anyway I can create a drum sample using my laptop keyboard? or is a MIDI keyboard compulsory? Also, how to I record and export the drum sample I created?
I'll try answering at least a few of the questions, let me know if I missed something.

Using keyboard - depends on your recording software, I use Studio One lately and there is an option to use qwerty keyboard to enter drum parts. Don't sure about the rest, I think maybe Tracktion and Ableton had also something like that but as far as I am aware the other DAWs don't.

There is a certain lack of finesse and lag when you enter the drum parts on keyboard ,for example it doesn't recognize strength of the hit, so it might be better to get a little keyboard or keyboard/controller. I got iRig Keys as it came bundled with several synths at the time, mainly for the synths as I have a big midi keyboard but honestly I am using that more and more, and the big 88 key keyboard gathers dust.

You could also get something like eDrums, drum machine, or one of the djembe type controllers and tap your parts that way via midi.

The drum sample as far as I know has to be recorded in a DAW (Cubase, Sonar, Tracktion, Studio One, etc.) where you can mix to stereo.

The Addictive Drums program comes I think in two pieces as does my EZDrummer - it has standalone which you're probably now using, and it can be integrated as a plugin within a host. In your case sounds like you're missing the host, say Cubase or one of the other DAWs.
Quote by diabolical
I'll try answering at least a few of the questions, let me know if I missed something.

Using keyboard - depends on your recording software, I use Studio One lately and there is an option to use qwerty keyboard to enter drum parts. Don't sure about the rest, I think maybe Tracktion and Ableton had also something like that but as far as I am aware the other DAWs don't.

There is a certain lack of finesse and lag when you enter the drum parts on keyboard ,for example it doesn't recognize strength of the hit, so it might be better to get a little keyboard or keyboard/controller. I got iRig Keys as it came bundled with several synths at the time, mainly for the synths as I have a big midi keyboard but honestly I am using that more and more, and the big 88 key keyboard gathers dust.

You could also get something like eDrums, drum machine, or one of the djembe type controllers and tap your parts that way via midi.

The drum sample as far as I know has to be recorded in a DAW (Cubase, Sonar, Tracktion, Studio One, etc.) where you can mix to stereo.

The Addictive Drums program comes I think in two pieces as does my EZDrummer - it has standalone which you're probably now using, and it can be integrated as a plugin within a host. In your case sounds like you're missing the host, say Cubase or one of the other DAWs.

Thanks a lot man. That helped. I've been using mixcraft as a host. Going to move onto reaper now.
Use midi drum files. Set AD to use standard GM midi instead of its default. It's the fastest way to get instant half decent results.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.