Hi there! I have been recently doing some research on acoustic simulation pedals to be used with a Gibson Les Paul. This is connected to a VOX VT80+

Just to clarify that I am not trying to achieve a crystal and fully acoustic sound (I also own a Martin OMC Aura acoustic for that) rather than using this with my Les Paul in 2-3 songs in band rehearsals or live without having to carry the acoustic as well (just for 2 songs).

I have checked the BOSS AC-2 and AC-3 and also the Mooer Acoustikar. I am not very satisfied with the BOSS solutions (due to hiss mainly).

Does anyone have experience with any other solution? Again we are not talking about an eye-opening acoustic sound but a good compromise in having to carry too much for a live or rehearsal.
You could run the AC-3 trough an acoustic amp. Even runing an actual acoustic trough a normal amp doesnt sound that good. So yeah, i guess you would need a second amp, but that's probably just as big of a hassle as carying another guitar around.

You could also try installing a piezo bridge into your gibson. Not sure how much that would cost.

The guitarist in my band has a Marshal valvestate or something similar, and it has an acoustic sim built in. It sounds good, but not like an actual acoustic guitar. So you could get an amp like that.

So i guess its pretty much impossible to get a true acoustic sound out of an electric guitar. I would just get one of those pedals, the one that you like the most, and set it up as best you can. It doesnt have to sound perfect in practice or even on live shows, if its only for a song or two.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky

So i guess its pretty much impossible to get a true acoustic sound out of an electric guitar. I would just get one of those pedals, the one that you like the most, and set it up as best you can. It doesnt have to sound perfect in practice or even on live shows, if its only for a song or two.

+1.000.000

I'd also recommend getting the pedal you like best. Just fiddle with the sound til you like it. Don't focus too much on getting a really accurate acoustic sound, but try to make it sound nice. Especially when you're playing through a tube amp, it's impossible to get an acoustic sound (ffs even my acoustic guitar plugged into my tuber doesn't sound like an acoustic ). If you're really in desperate need for that sound, you could use some more elaborate modelers (some zoom or boss multi fx or even fractal), but I doubt it'd be worth it

Putting a piezo into your guitar might really help, I got one in my sterling, and it sounds pretty close through a solid state amp, but I already bought it modded, so I'm not sure how much that might cost you, and whether it would be feasible with an LP

Good luck finding your tone
Last edited by Rem_Sing at Jul 3, 2015,
Pickups in your guitar could be part of the problem.I use the boss simulator and its sounds good through a single coil neck pickup but not so good through the humbucker bridge pickup on the same guitar.