Hey! I've got this problem and I hope any of you can help me.

First of all, I'm sincerely sorry for my atrocious engrish.

Well, I'm mixing this project in Cubase 5.2, everything sounds perfectly OK but when I listen to the final mix (already exported in lossless WAV) it sounds "wobbly" and uneven especially in the first beat or every bar.

Why?

Any help?

Cheers!
Hey there,

since I have no idea how experienced you are with recording, let's start this simple.

Are you sure you aren't clipping? It tends to be quite problematic especially on the first beats or after breaks, because several instruments together might be too loud.

Hope you can figure it out somehow
Nope, It's not clipping bc everything I mix has at least DR10.

I'm puzzled, there is no such problem with MP3 now, only with WAV. Weird

Anyhow, thanks for the response!
Does Cubase have some sort of recording plugin? I use FL Studio, but every problem I've had with exporting was solved by recording whole song using a dedicated plugin.
Quote by GameSkate
Does Cubase have some sort of recording plugin? I use FL Studio, but every problem I've had with exporting was solved by recording whole song using a dedicated plugin.

FL is kinda weird that way. On all the other DAWs actually you won't have to activate that, it is built-in.

OK, so let me get this straight? You're mixing out to mp3, and it is sounding fine. When you mix out to .wav it doesn't?

A few things that I can generally suggest as I am not sure what is happening.
Try listening on another player. If you're exporting type of file which your audio player has trouble playing, you might get something weird like that. For example, MediaPlayer had/has (?) hard time playing back 24/48 wav files so I had to install another program (Audacity) to verify these played fine.

That'd be my first guess if your mp3 mixdown is fine.

Other than that, some kind of plugin issue on the master buss or cracked version of something that you're using.

Try also some of the other formats, for example instead of .wav you can also export as .aif, which is essentially the Mac no compression format and they are pretty much interchangeable with CD burners.
Okay, shame on me...I played the wavs in my VLC and it worked real fine. Damn you Windows Media Player!

Thank very very much you guys, you certainly saved me a headache
Oh, god, yes never use WMP. It has lots of issues with my mixes from Pro Tools as well. Also, while PC is fine, it's what I record on, Macs are a lot better from media productions. It's a great investment.
Quote by MrFixIt
Okay, shame on me...I played the wavs in my VLC and it worked real fine. Damn you Windows Media Player!

Thank very very much you guys, you certainly saved me a headache

Aye, WMP sucks @rse. If you're using the graphic EQ, make sure it's not limiting on the lower registers.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12