A Man Communicated in Only Emojis For A Year And This Is What Happened

Page 1 of 2

Emojis? Do you use them? How annoying are they? Are they becoming a substitute for actual words and emotions?

The ****ing #lad #banter crying face praying hand emojis annoy me so much.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
He had so many cheeky Nandos that his blood became peri-peri sauce

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Do you use them?
yes/no

How annoying are they?
who cares

Are they becoming a substitute for actual words and emotions?
no

above are the only reasonable answers
l8r
i don't know why i feel so dry
I don't really use them that much. I just use Santa, thumbs up, and sometimes a smiley face, but not in smiley face situations.
outside of UG:

in text format only. none of these stupid smiley packs.

I'll even throw a space in there to stop it being auto-swapped, ie ": )"

on UG just the odd one UG one at the end of a post for emphasis.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
When texting, I never use emojis and nobody I communicate with does either.
Which is probably for the best.

I guess they're ok in small doses.
I have nothing important to say
I don't use emojis because they don't reflect my particular skin tone yet
Check out my band Disturbed
smilies > emojis hmu

For real tho emojis are fine but that one laughing so hard youre crying emoji is literally the most annoying thing my eyes have ever witnessed
Only time I see the ones you're talking about is when I go on Yik Yak.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.

Tom Scott is great btw
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
smilies > emojis hmu

For real tho emojis are fine but that one laughing so hard youre crying emoji is literally the most annoying thing my eyes have ever witnessed

You haven't had a very tough life then

On topic, I use them every now and then..just the basic ones. They can do a good job at emphasizing a point. I detest when people out long strings of emojis.

Oh, and the most f*cking annoying ones are the fist pump, muscle flex, and that stupid one with "top" written on it.

I freaking hate them.

In any case though, I generally prefer them to the annoying internet acronyms. "LOL", "LMAO", "LMFAO", IMO etc should all be wiped off of the face of the earth.

Along with when people shorten words. "C u there"..2morrow...2day..Arrhgh. You have keyboards which autocomplete words and sentences and you still f*cking insist on writing "2morrow". Really?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Jul 3, 2015,
Quote by Eastwinn
Do you use them?
yes/no

How annoying are they?
who cares

Are they becoming a substitute for actual words and emotions?
no

above are the only reasonable answers
l8r

took the words right outta my mouth 👏🐸💯
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°ง ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶ᕗ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ༼ ºل͟º ༽ ಥ_ಥ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ (☞゚ヮ゚☞ ♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪ (◕‿◕✿ (◡‿◡✿ (✿◠‿◠ (°∀°b t(°∆°t ಠ‿ಠ ( ͜。 ͡ʖ ͜。 ᕕ(¬ ͜ ¬ᕗ ヽ༼ ʘ ∧ ʘ ༽ᓄ ( ǒ _ʖ ǒ7 (ノ*゚ー゚ノ ⊂(ο・㉨・ο⊃ ( ˘ ³˘♥ (☆^O^☆ (◎_◎;) ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ (o・_・ノ”(ノ_<、 ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡~) ( ͡° _ʖ ͡° ╭(•⌣&bull╮ (彗Д彗 ( ͡ʘ╭͜ʖ╮͡ʘ ☆*:.。.O(≧∇≦O.。.:*☆ (´・益・`*) ༼༼;; ;°;ਊ°;༽ ก็็็็็็็็็็༼◉Д◉༽ก็็็็็็็็็็ ٩(•ิ˓̭ •ิ )ง \(•^&bull/ (ᵔᴥᵔ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ (o^ー゚/'`* ( ゚,_ゝ゚ ヽ(・ε・` (・⊆・) (づ。◕‿‿◕。づ ( ,,・`ё´・ ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ᕗ .+:。(ノ・ω・ノ゙ <°(((>< ( ◡́.◡̀\(^◡^ ) ☜(゚ヮ゚☜ ʕつ ͡◔ ᴥ ͡◔ʔつ ヾ(≧∪≦*)ノ〃 ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡° ♪┏(・o・┛♪┗ ( ・o・ ┓♪ ┗ (・o・ ) ┓♪ (◕`╭╮´◕ (⊙.⊙(☉̃ₒ☉⊙.⊙ )°v°( (❛‿❛✿̶̥̥ ᕙ(`▿´ᕗ 웃♥유 (´・ω・っ由 ( ・ω・ ໒( • ͜ʖ • )७ (҂`_´ <,︻╦̵̵̿╤─ ҉ - -- -- -- ԅ|.͡° ڡ ͡°.|ᕤ ☆〜(ゝ。∂) Ѱ༼ ⊙益ಠ ༽Ѱ (つ☯ᗜ☯つ ও( 0 ¥ 0 )ঔ (つ;w;)つ 눈__눈 o( > U < )o (ღ˘⌣˘❛ั◡❛ัღ ᕙ(° ͜ಠ ͜ʖ ͜ಠ°ᓄ ( ཀ͝ ∧ ཀ͝ ) \(⌒o⌒人(⌒-⌒/ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔก็็็็็็็็็็ حᇂﮌᇂ (ʘ言ʘ╬ [¬º-°]¬ (ತ_ಎತ o͡͡͡╮།❛ั ╭ ͟ʖ╮ ❛ั།╭o͡͡͡
ggg1 ggg3

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Quote by behind_you
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°ง ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶ᕗ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ༼ ºل͟º ༽ ಥ_ಥ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ (☞゚ヮ゚☞ ♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪ (◕‿◕✿ (◡‿◡✿ (✿◠‿◠ (°∀°b t(°∆°t ಠ‿ಠ ( ͜。 ͡ʖ ͜。 ᕕ(¬ ͜ ¬ᕗ ヽ༼ ʘ ∧ ʘ ༽ᓄ ( ǒ _ʖ ǒ7 (ノ*゚ー゚ノ ⊂(ο・㉨・ο⊃ ( ˘ ³˘♥ (☆^O^☆ (◎_◎;) ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ (o・_・ノ”(ノ_<、 ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡~) ( ͡° _ʖ ͡° ╭(•⌣&bull╮ (彗Д彗 ( ͡ʘ╭͜ʖ╮͡ʘ ☆*:.。.O(≧∇≦O.。.:*☆ (´・益・`*) ༼༼;; ;°;ਊ°;༽ ก็็็็็็็็็็༼◉Д◉༽ก็็็็็็็็็็ ٩(•ิ˓̭ •ิ )ง \(•^&bull/ (ᵔᴥᵔ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ (o^ー゚/'`* ( ゚,_ゝ゚ ヽ(・ε・` (・⊆・) (づ。◕‿‿◕。づ ( ,,・`ё´・ ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ᕗ .+:。(ノ・ω・ノ゙ <°(((>< ( ◡́.◡̀\(^◡^ ) ☜(゚ヮ゚☜ ʕつ ͡◔ ᴥ ͡◔ʔつ ヾ(≧∪≦*)ノ〃 ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡° ♪┏(・o・┛♪┗ ( ・o・ ┓♪ ┗ (・o・ ) ┓♪ (◕`╭╮´◕ (⊙.⊙(☉̃ₒ☉⊙.⊙ )°v°( (❛‿❛✿̶̥̥ ᕙ(`▿´ᕗ 웃♥유 (´・ω・っ由 ( ・ω・ ໒( • ͜ʖ • )७ (҂`_´ <,︻╦̵̵̿╤─ ҉ - -- -- -- ԅ|.͡° ڡ ͡°.|ᕤ ☆〜(ゝ。∂) Ѱ༼ ⊙益ಠ ༽Ѱ (つ☯ᗜ☯つ ও( 0 ¥ 0 )ঔ (つ;w;)つ 눈__눈 o( > U < )o (ღ˘⌣˘❛ั◡❛ัღ ᕙ(° ͜ಠ ͜ʖ ͜ಠ°ᓄ ( ཀ͝ ∧ ཀ͝ ) \(⌒o⌒人(⌒-⌒/ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔก็็็็็็็็็็ حᇂﮌᇂ (ʘ言ʘ╬ [¬º-°]¬ (ತ_ಎತ o͡͡͡╮།❛ั ╭ ͟ʖ╮ ❛ั།╭o͡͡͡

Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴ ᴘsssᴛ.... ʜᴇʏ ᴋɪᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴜʏ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴇᴍᴏᴊɪs? ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
ggg1 ggg3

How much?
Quote by sickman411
Probably my favourite Youtube guy right now tbh

i watch all his videos but honestly he's awfully annoying. bit of a tryhard
i don't know why i feel so dry
I like things like UG's smilies and the ones behind_you posted (can I call him ins here?), but the actual iphone emojis are super ugly, especially the main human faces. I avoid using them just because I don't like how they look
smilies are fine

non-text emojis can **** off.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by EndTheRapture51
He had so many cheeky Nandos that his blood became peri-peri sauce

Wat.
These are my favorite emojis

😊😻😛👯💕💁😾😘💃👺🙌

👻🎈🎉🍻🍹🍒🍓🍉

🐶🐱🐭🐹🐸🐯🐻🐽🐼🐣🐍🐝🐌🐙🐁🐈🐆🍃🐾🌼🌺🌻🌚🌈🌠

🌇🌃🌉✈🎭

The last category sux so I don't have any favorites from there

And android emojis are soooooo much cuter than iphone emojis
cat
Quote by byob_soad2
I like things like UG's smilies and the ones behind_you posted (can I call him ins here?), but the actual iphone emojis are super ugly, especially the main human faces. I avoid using them just because I don't like how they look

I prefer the Android alien ones.

But for some reason, most sms apps, whatsapp and Facebook convert them to the Apple ones...
My phone doesn't even recognize them. Damn kids these day with their smartphones, get off my lawn.
Last edited by MeTallIcA313 at Jul 4, 2015,
Quote by behind_you at #33482891

Fantastic post here, that's all
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Page 1 of 2