I recently got into a two guitar band. We'll be playing during a college faculty trip next month. Setlist is full of pop and pop-rock songs. We're both using superstrats. I'm the lead player.

Any general tips for EQing in this situation? I've no problems with a 3 piece band, but I have to share with another axeman and a keyboardist. By myself I set the bass low, and hog the mids and treble. I think I'll set the other guy around the low mids while I take the high mids.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Don't overthink EQ. Get each player into their own signature sound and it will sort itself out.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
you guys need to work together and get tones that fit the songs you're playing. breaking it up like you suggest makes no sense unless you are playing something like metal. 2 superstrats for what you are saying you play doesn't make much sense either but that's up to you.
Quote by monwobobbo
you guys need to work together and get tones that fit the songs you're playing. breaking it up like you suggest makes no sense unless you are playing something like metal. 2 superstrats for what you are saying you play doesn't make much sense either but that's up to you.

Well, I'm looking for a tone like this, actually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMC77fgiJEA
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Archer250
Well, I'm looking for a tone like this, actually

Yep those guys got pretty great tone. Prayers for Viv right now as he is in a fight with cancer.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
well for several thousand dollars and a good sound man you can have it.

yeah i'd like to sound like that to. i see your gear in your sig but what is the other guitar player using? what you need is to have a rhythm tone that blends well with the other guitar player and a lead tone that cuts through. is your amp single channel? i'd suggest a different overdrive that has tone controls so that you cna get a more varied lead sound.
Don't turn the mids down too much, don't turn the bass up too much, set the volume to match the venue, keep the gain at noon. That's pretty much it from your standpoint, at least on 90% of common amp/guitar combinations. As monwobobbo briefly mentioned, a good sound man is really going to decide if your guitar tracks blend well or don't. As long as you don't do something stupid like turn the mids to 0 and the floor the volume the guitars should sound fine, after that it comes down to the mixer.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Don't turn the mids down too much, don't turn the bass up too much, set the volume to match the venue, keep the gain at noon.

Well that's good, cuz that's pretty much what I do by myself. Except I have the gain at 10 o'clock on my RAT.

Gear:
Quote by monwobobbo
well for several thousand dollars and a good sound man you can have it.

yeah i'd like to sound like that to. i see your gear in your sig but what is the other guitar player using? what you need is to have a rhythm tone that blends well with the other guitar player and a lead tone that cuts through. is your amp single channel? i'd suggest a different overdrive that has tone controls so that you cna get a more varied lead sound.

He'll be using a ME70. BTW, we won't be using our amps since the gig is just a small part of the activities, and we dislike the idea of dragging the most expensive piece of our gear 200 clicks to an unpaid gig.
Gear:
Lesson learned from rehearsal: too much mids **** over the keyboards and vocals; playing similar lines muddy things up, and using an aggressively voiced distortion (even at low gain) does not fit pop rock.
Gear: