I changed my strings from 9's to 11's, and as is expected there is a greater tension on the bridge, causing it to rise at an angle. So I've read to tighten the screws in the back of the guitar after loosening the strings, as it provides a greater tension on the 3 springs in the back, pulling the bridge forward again.

But I can't twist the screws. I managed to twist them a little, but now they're just insanely hard to twist. I don't know what to do. I've thought about trying to take them out (which should be much easier than putting them further in), drilling the whole with a very small drill bit (like 2mm diameter) and putting them back in. However this does seem a little scary to me. I can't imagine anything could go disastrously wrong but it still feels like a last resort!

The guitar in question is a Jackson KVXMG King V.
If you have extra springs you can put them in which will increase the tension.

Also putting them at an angle can increase it very slightly.

So for example, here's the five points in the back with the bridge being the numbers on the right:

1: 1
2: 2
3: 3
4: 4
5: 5

I assume you have three springs in 1, 3 and 5. If you need a little bit more tension you can put a spring going from 1 to 2, 3 to 3 and 5 to 4 so the outer ones are diagonal.

If you need quite a lot more tension then just add more springs.
Yeah if you're trying to tighten down the string claw screws and you cannot tighten them down any further, you need more springs.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Random3
If you have extra springs you can put them in which will increase the tension.

Also putting them at an angle can increase it very slightly.

So for example, here's the five points in the back with the bridge being the numbers on the right:

1: 1
2: 2
3: 3
4: 4
5: 5

I assume you have three springs in 1, 3 and 5. If you need a little bit more tension you can put a spring going from 1 to 2, 3 to 3 and 5 to 4 so the outer ones are diagonal.

If you need quite a lot more tension then just add more springs.

I didn't think of doing angles, although I doubt it'll be too significant when there's so much tension.

Yeah I think I'll block it off for now, and get another spring