Poll: Will polls become obsolete?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will polls become obsolete?
Yes
12 40%
No
18 60%
Voters: 30.
Is there any reasonable accurate way to poll a population anymore? The internet creates a bias for younger people, landlines create a bias for older people, cell phone polling is inaccurate, and door-to-door is far too expensive.

I've heard pollsters are worried about the future of polling because it's become so much harder to get accurate samples. '

Tbh I don't really care if polls die out. The fear of not having an idea of an election result should encourage people to vote for who they really want.

Edit: I am aware that this thread is a poll. You are not clever for pointing it out.
Check out my band Disturbed
Only if you don't let Arsenal twitter vote

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
polls are dumb

I don't g a F what dumbass mothersheeples (*tips fedora*) think

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
This is a shit thread. Like even compared to mine.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Read the title in Brian Blesseds voice.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by whywefight
Have polls ever been accurate

Well, exit polls from the last UK general election did predict a Conservative win; in the lead up to the election, many polls indicated a small Conservative lead in total votes; so they were kind of accurate.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by K33nbl4d3
This is a shit thread. Like even compared to mine.

I do not create threads to please anyone but myself
I conducted some exit polling with your mum last night. Let's just say the sample size was phat.
not for polls that acknowledge and work with the bias and are intended for a specific demographic and not the population at large.
Twitter polls are obsolete because of a certain fan base.
I met a girl last night who likes polling. I mean she really likes getting polled.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Jul 4, 2015,
Quote by StewieSwan
I do not create threads to please anyone but myself

That's just like me and sex.

And by sex I mean masturbation.

*foreveralone.jpg*
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Polls are for the general population, because it's easy to do, and easy to understand.

For people that want more accurate results, we have the branch that is mathematical statistics, which has very developed ways of dealing with bias.

I study psychology, and we have to deal with the personal side.

For example, asking a kid who is 17 years old if he's a virgin, there's a high chance he'd say no, even if he is, because he could feel too proud/insecure to admit this. That's why you have tests/scores with an accompanying deviating factor, and test groups.

There are many variations of the methods based on what it's used for (economics, psychology, geography, demography etc.)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jul 4, 2015,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Polls are for the general population, because it's easy to do, and easy to understand.

For people that want more accurate results, we have the branch that is mathematical statistics, which has very developed ways of dealing with bias.

I study psychology, and we have to deal with the personal side.

For example, asking a kid who is 17 years old if he's a virgin, there's a high chance he'd say no, even if he is, because he could feel too proud/insecure to admit this. That's why you have tests/scores with an accompanying deviating factor, and test groups.

There are many variations of the methods based on what it's used for (economics, psychology, geography, demography etc.)

that's not really what I'm asking but ok
I once conducted a study of online and anonymous personatlies releating to experiences with others, time management, complaining, and the ultimate "good set up, bad ending. don't play"

didn't do any polls but there was definitely some pie chart stuff happening
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me