So, I've managed to get a bit of money together and pending the sale of a few bits, will probably have around £500 (or about $750) to buy a gigworthy tube head. I will most definitely be going used. New stuff is far too expensive for me!

My main guitar is a MIM Tele that is currently in for setup, with a p90 neck and Seymour Duncan lil' 59 in the bridge. I own a beaten up Marshall 4x12 and its not the greatest, but its loud and spreads the sound out nicely. Not looking to sell and buy a combo, but requirements are as follows:

- Ideally less than the amount stated, second hand.

- I'd like it to be 50watts to be able to gig small/medium venues.

- I will be trying to dial in mostly easycore/post hardcore crunch tones, with a bit of blues to satisfy myself, whenever the feeling strikes me to play blues. Cleans don't matter at all.

- Needs to be less than 26 inches in width. Might seem like a strange requirement, but my cab is one of the compact ones that Marshall issued with the Valvestate head, and a standard size head would look ridiculous.

To give an idea, I have considered the Laney LH50h, Orange Rocker 30 and Hayden hgt a40. I love the British sound of a JCM800 or Rockerverb, and the tone of bands like Four Year Strong, Me Vs Hero, The Story So Far, City Lights and A Day To Remember.

Any ideas guys?
You should get a 6505 or 6534 and a proper cab - the speakers in your cab sound plain bad.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
i dunno what easycore is but you can get a jet city jca50H and harley benton g212 vintage cab on thomann for less than your budget new. hard to beat for that price new, and even second-hand. Granted, with £500 second-hand you may well come across something better if you're lucky.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ what Dave said
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno what easycore is but you can get a jet city jca50H and harley benton g212 vintage cab on thomann for less than your budget new. hard to beat for that price new, and even second-hand. Granted, with £500 second-hand you may well come across something better if you're lucky.

Cant recommend this enough. I had a JCA that rocked everything, including the post hardcore sound (ala August Burns Red, ADTR, insert any other band)

They usually use things like a Dual rec or a 6505+ for their tones, but I find the JCA to have a nice lower midranged ballsyness that I can't find anywhere else.

I do however suggest you should keep clean as an option. Just because you don't want it now doesn't mean you wont need it in three months, especially if your gigging.
That's just my suggestion. My JCA sounded just fine with a clean channel and an overdrive channel. I just used a TS9 based pedal and something in the loop for a lead boost like a EQ.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
^ Ah so ADTR is post-hardcore? I was a bit vague on what that was too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out the traynor iron horse. The amps gain isn't too crunchy though. 40 watts with a 15 watt mode. It's 15.5 inches. New it's around $600 Canadian(after taxes).
Quote by Dave_Mc

There older stuff yea. Now I like to consider them the heaviest pop band out there haha. But August Burns Red and Haste the Day are definitely in that genre.

A jcm2000dsl, 6505+, JCA50-100 can easily handle that, especially with a ts9 type pedal up front
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Thanks for the advice, everyone, lots to think about! Though getting rid of the cab isn't really something I want to do - it's impractical in so many ways, but I'm so penny pinching that it seems a waste to potentially only get my money back on it, when it was such a good deal. I'm so bloody stubborn, so it would take a lot for me to ditch the 4x12! Even when I know a good 2x12 would be much better.

I've been holding out for an Orange Rocker 30 for so long, and one actually turned up today in a local music shop, but the guy selling it will only sell with a matching closed back cab in a deal for £700, no splits. But the JCA50 seems like a good options, seeing as I don't want to bring the mega brootz of a 6505. Something articulate and punchy in the mid gain seems good. Am I right in thinking that the JCA50h is about 25inches wide? The website gives two sets of measurements, but I assume the bigger ones are the amp when packaged?

I agree that easycore is a ridiculous name for a genre though.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Nope, Fagcore
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Katsock
There older stuff yea. Now I like to consider them the heaviest pop band out there haha. But August Burns Red and Haste the Day are definitely in that genre.

A jcm2000dsl, 6505+, JCA50-100 can easily handle that, especially with a ts9 type pedal up front

thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just pulled the trigger on a used JCA50h - £170!

Maybe a cab upgrade is due in the not-so-distant future, but for now, it will do. Amp should arrive next week, and I honestly can't wait!
^ Nice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?