View poll results: Is 25 too old to start a PopPunk/Emo Band
Yes
17 50%
No
17 50%
Voters: 34.
Page 1 of 2
I'm going to be 25 on Monday, July 6th. I'm wondering:
Is it too late for me to start a pop punk/emo band?
I definitely don't want to be on the wrong side of 30 and try it, so i feel like i should get on it, but sometimes i feel like my teen angst is a bit misplaced...
fight the power yo
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
voted no but it depends on if whether or not ur trying too hard to act sixteen with it.

I feel like in theory that age group could still be good at pop-punk and emo and all that but instead they come off as someone with a skateboard going through a mid-life crisis.
do it, you may have more life experience so you can write better songs

or something idk
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Soupy from The Wonder Years is like, 30. Ryan Key of Yellowcard must be nearing 40.

☆ Stay posi, bro. ☆
Free Ali
Woah bro, for a simple question, it sure has a lot of variables.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by gratefulduck at #33484886
those guys all started at an appropriate age though... i wouldnt start skateboarding now

yeah.

tbh just make it genuine and it'll be good.
Have you considered that it is not your age that is the issue...but rather the age of the genre?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No it's not. And you still have a a good 4 or 5 years left to still get with qts at shows before they think you're a creep pedo
Quote by gratefulduck
I'm going to be 25 on Monday, July 6th. I'm wondering:
Is it too late for me to start a pop punk/emo band?
I definitely don't want to be on the wrong side of 30 and try it, so i feel like i should get on it, but sometimes i feel like my teen angst is a bit misplaced...

What, only teens can have disaffection with the world around them?

The old are rife with complacency. Sometimes you need the fire of a teenager
My God, it's full of stars!
Do it,

Who cares about teen angst? What the world needs is someone singing punk songs about how bills suck and doing your taxes is such a chore
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Do it,

Who cares about teen angst? What the world needs is someone singing punk songs about how bills suck and doing your taxes is such a chore

Maybe a punk band that rails against libtards and the inefficacy of their pipe dreams that don't take into account the nature of incentives???

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I just don't see it resonating with todays youth any more. They're too messed up on molly listening to dubstep to notice their surroundings.
Voted no cuz have some self respect, old man.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
go for it man, theres a pop punk band from my city that are well into their 20s and they ****ing rock
Quote by chrismendiola
Soupy from The Wonder Years is like, 30. Ryan Key of Yellowcard must be nearing 40.

☆ Stay posi, bro. ☆

Jesus christ

He's 26

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I don't think the world needs any more pop punk/emo bands, but if you want to start one, go for it

you are never too old to follow your dreams

#YOLO
#CarpeDiem
I have nothing important to say
Quote by chrismendiola

☆ Stay posi, bro. ☆

Notice how neither of the people this guy mentioned are even worth mentioning. Do you want to be worth mentioning or do you wanna be singin to 14 year old kids that grow up and forget about you?

Make a Misfits cover band.
Quote by gratefulduck at #33484886
those guys all started at an appropriate age though... i wouldnt start skateboarding now

The point is, the themes aren't exclusive to people in their early 20s and/or you can write about other things.
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33485147
Jesus christ

He's 26

Like I said, "like, 30."
Quote by magicant7
Notice how neither of the people this guy mentioned are even worth mentioning. Do you want to be worth mentioning or do you wanna be singin to 14 year old kids that grow up and forget about you?

Make a Misfits cover band.

Whoa. Cool guy alert.

Maybe OP will be forgotten. I guess if you don't want to be forgotten, you make a cover band, because then you won't even give people a chance to know about you.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jul 5, 2015,
Yeah. About 10 years too late. You could be 15 right now and you'd still be 10 years too late.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Xiaoxi
Maybe a punk band that rails against libtards and the inefficacy of their pipe dreams that don't take into account the nature of incentives???

Now that sounds like an idea my senile old man might get behind, but even that might be a little too rambling, incoherent and lacking in context even for him.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by magicant7
Notice how neither of the people this guy mentioned are even worth mentioning.

Regardless of whether you and I know his name, he probably makes more passive income than both of us combined. And that....is worth mentioning, and all that really matters.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi at #33485620
Regardless of whether you and I know his name, he probably makes more passive income than both of us combined. And that....is worth mentioning, and all that really matters.

want to start an anti libtard punk band?
Quote by magicant7 at #33486004
Pop punk was good when we were like 12 and didn't have hair on our balls.

speak for urself, m8
Quote by Thrashtastic15
want to start an anti libtard punk band?

I'm down for this but nobody likes punk anymore and I don't play any instruments, so better make it an anti-libtard spoken word performance ensemble.
a cool thing about pop punk is that you don't have to wear patchy leather jackets ugly boots and black skinny jeans full of dumb zippers to go with your terrible haircut to fit in

☆ stay pizza ☆
yolo

Page 1 of 2