So i'm looking at adding a pedal to expand my sound/possible sounds. My amps are a Big Crunch One Knob, Peavey 6534+ and guitars range from Ibanez with Dimarzio Liqui-fire and D Activator to PRS with Lace Dirty Heshers. I'm leaning towards the Walrus Audio Descent Reverb pedal or JHS Colour Box but i'm open to suggestions. Listed below are pedals I currently own, what pedal would you recommend to add more variety or possible sounds to my palette?

Dirt: Tubescreamer Clone, Wampler Leviathan, Earthbound Supercollider, Boss DS-1, BAT Pharaoh Supreme, BAT Oath

Wah: GCB95 Crybaby Wah, Jerry Cantrell Signature Wah

Modulation: Whirlwind Audio Orange Box (phaser), Hartman Analog Flanger

Delay: MXR Carbon Copy
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
1970s ASPEN Les Paul clone
Epiphone Annihilation V
Epiphone Robb Flynn Baritone V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob
Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20
Moog
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I say chorus. I suggest the Source audio orbital modulator. Two presets for multiple options of phaser, chorus, flanger, and even a uni vibe with several parameters per option. Try them all, and if you like them you can sell the current pedals to minimize the cost and maximize space.

Reverb too. Maybe a clean boost or EQ to stick behind everything if you ever need volume and tone shaping.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 5, 2015,
chorus or reverb are probably the obvious ones for me
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
some form of octave
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
what pedal would you recommend to add more variety or possible sounds to my palette?

I could recommend all kinds of stuff.

Are you trying to add nuances to your existing tonal palette, or are you trying to expand into completely uncharted territory? How adventurous do you want to be?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
All, thank you for the suggestions! I will check out videos of the Source Audio Orbital Modulator, and Wammy pedals. For those that recommended a chorus pedal, is there a specific one that stands out to you? Dannyalcatraz, i'm interested in adding nuances but will not shy away from diving head first into uncharted territories (regarding guitar pedals) if I come across something that blows my mind. What do you have in mind?
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
Epiphone Annihilation V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob
Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20
You want weird and nuanced and mindblowing? Try an Earthquaker Rainbow Machine.

I'm also a fan of the TC Corona and the Boss Chorus Ensemble for choruses. Though I just use an M13 for all my modulation stuff, personally. And I liek the Tri-Chorus model. Those two seem to hit that the closest imo.

How is that Big Crunch one knob btw? Saw Kyle from The Sword had one and it got me interested, though his tone is a bit grating to me because he uses a Boss DS-1 for the dirt.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Well, improving the nuances of your sound with pedals- to me- usually involves upgrading the quality of the pedals themselves. The Walrus Descent is a good one- I just got one myself. The MXR is good, but the Descent adds a whole bunch more options. Similar pedals in the same category would be the Red Witch Titan, Blackout Effectors Cadavernous or the Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport SR (or its lesser cousins, the Disaster Transport or Disaster Transport JR).

For heading into uncharted waters, you look for the more unusual effects or at least those you don't already have exemplars of. The others have identified gaps on your board, here's more: look at a ring modulator, rotary effect pedal, or envelope filter.

Those that defy easy categorization. The Earthquaker Devices Arpanoid and Rainbow Machine and the Catalinbread Antichthon are 3 such pedals that deliver sounds ranging from unusual to absolutely whackadoo.

And here's something I learned from reading a LOT of guitarist interviews and watching many demos: just because you have a pedal on your board doesn't mean you have to use it at full strength. Sometimes, a hint is just enough. For example, when David Gilmour used rotating speakers in his rig, he didn't turn them on full-bore, he used them very subtly, and those emulating his sound with rotary pedals learn to do likewise.

Think of it like seasoning a dish when you're cooking: you don't need a bottle of salt or pepper, just a dash of each. When you want more exotic flavors, like a minty flavor, again, you don't just dump in a pile, you add a pinch. Otherwise, all you taste is a choking riot of spices as opposed to a tasty meal with a bunch of flavors working harmoniously.

This is also why when you see an electric guitarist playing with a symphony, he won't have his full stack dimed. You want to hear him, yes, but also the other instruments as well.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I'd say absolutely reverb - opens up huge possibilities while being one of the harder types of pedals to completely screw up with.
So I've been listening to demos and the two pedals that have really stood out to me are the Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine and the Catalinbread Antichthon. The Disastor Transport was cool, but not cool enough to knock the Walrus Audio Descent off my list.

TheStig1214, I love my One Knob. Brooks was amazing when it came to communication. I'm currently stationed in Japan and all contact was done via email. I wired my payment and he went to work. If I remember the options are 30W, 50W, or 75W. I went with a 50W in Orange (my favorite color). He sent pics during the build and the amp was sent over double boxed with TONS of packing material around and inside the amp to keep everything safe. I saw the video of Kyle and dug the demos on Youtube so I took the plunge and have loved it ever since. I actually haven't plugged into my 6534+ since I got the One Knob. The amp saturates wonderfully, but I would guess that Kyle uses the DS-1 to get his dirt sound without having to crank the amp.
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
Epiphone Annihilation V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob
Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20