So pit, how many of you hand wash your clothes?

Recently, my washing machine broke down, and while waiting for it to be fixed, I learnt how to hand was clothes.

Now, even though it's fixed, I still tend to do it, simply because it can actually be more convenient at times.

Example, I've got one pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a couple of pairs of socks...instead of waiting for a full washing machine, and instead if making the washing machine do a 2 hour damn wash for a pair of jeans, I just hand wash them.

It makes it easier to wash stuff in rotation.

The washing machine is there for when I have a full load, or when I have to wash sheets and stuff.

Do you guys ever do it? Do you know how? What's your method, and discuss whether you reckon it's an important thing to learn.

I do...we tend to take technology for granted, but things like that are important to learn. Washing machines can break1
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I can't hand wash my waifu pillow.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I've done it occasionally, basically when the washing machine is broken.

It's not brilliant though, your clothes are a sopping mess and take wayyy longer to dry
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I do, haven't had a washing machine for the last 10 years, but I mostly wear tshirts and shorts as it's the tropics.
Washing machines can break, yes. But I can turn my underpants inside out and back to front, thus getting an additional 3 days of wear time.
Quote by Tempoe
so you wear a skidmark on you ballsack?

Learn your proper morning routine.

Shite, shave, shower.

Say goodbye to skid marks.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I've done it occasionally, basically when the washing machine is broken.

It's not brilliant though, your clothes are a sopping mess and take wayyy longer to dry

Just need to wring the living daylights out of them when you rinse, before you hang them up.

I mean, proper wring the f*ck.

Quote by Tempoe
so you wear a skidmark on you ballsack?

No, because I..eh..wash them.

That's kind of the point, and the title of the thread..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
Just need to wring the living daylights out of them when you rinse, before you hang them up.

I mean, proper wring the f*ck.

Last time I did that, my shirt went from being a size L to a size XXXL
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
No, shower before you shave, softens the hairs giving a way smoother shave.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Last time I did that, my shirt went from being a size L to a size XXXL

That's weird..Ican imagine clothes shrinking of the water is too warm, but getting bigger has never happened..
Quote by Krieger91
That's weird..Ican imagine clothes shrinking of the water is too warm, but getting bigger has never happened..

If fabric is wet, it stretches super easy.

Did I also mention I'm terrible at laundry?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Tempoe
No, shower before you shave, softens the hairs giving a way smoother shave.

So does washing your face.

Learn to shave.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
If fabric is wet, it stretches super easy.

Did I also mention I'm terrible at laundry?

Yeah it stretches, but it shouldn't remain stretched..if that were the case, clothes shrinking wouldn't be an issue because you would always be able to stretch them again.

My Mum's girlfriend once tretched a top of mine which had shrunk, but she had to wet it, and stretch it while ironing it, and keep it in a stretched position for a while to stop it from re-shrinking
Quote by Krieger91
Yeah it stretches, but it shouldn't remain stretched..if that were the case, clothes shrinking wouldn't be an issue because you would always be able to stretch them again.

My Mum's girlfriend once tretched a top of mine which had shrunk, but she had to wet it, and stretch it while ironing it, and keep it in a stretched position for a while to stop it from re-shrinking

My girlfriend's Mum....
I do with items that can't be put through a washing machine.

Dem 100% wool cable-knit jumpers
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
we've never had a washing machine break down and i don't have anything worth hand washing so no
I trust my washing machine more with my clothes than I do myself, so I tend to leave it up to the machine. I can hand wash, but there's never any need for it.
No. My ancestors did, though.

I just throw my clothes away after I wear them once or twice.

/merican

No, I only hand wash something to pre-treat it, if it's some good clothes and a bad stain.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I'm not a peasant, so no.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I'm not a peasant, so no.

Only for hand wash only items.

So your washing machine probably has a quick wash setting. You should probably check that out.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I hand wash my socks and underwear because it's
convenient. And of course anything that says hand wash only.
cat
2 hours for a wash cycle? You need a new machine. And I would never wash them by hand cause first world country. I've only been without a washing machine for longer than a week like once and I just went to a laundrymat cause those still exist apparently.