Page 1 of 5
Do you culturally appropriate? What is cultural appropriation? Is it even possible to culturally appropriate? Should we not want to share the traditions and foods and musics and fashions of different cultures between each other? Is is a bad thing?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Cultural appropriation is like stealing the La Scala. I haven't got the equipment to manage that at this point.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Difference between cultural appropriation and multiculturalism is respect IMO.

And we're done here.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by Thrashtastic15

How does one respect a curry

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The word you want is "misappropriation." :-)

#WordPurist
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jul 5, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
How does one respect a curry

You let it finish first.
Quote by Diemon Dave
cultural appropriation is for twats w/o respect of other culture, appreciation, but not done right.

Not to say I've not been guilty of it before...
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Here's a far more interesting question: At what point does something, tangible or no, belong to all people and not just the people who created it?
Quote by EndTheRapture51

————————————————————————————————————————————
Quote by Thrashtastic15

nice

Quote by Thrashtastic15

yeah
Quote by StewieSwan
Here's a far more interesting question: At what point does something, tangible or no, belong to all people and not just the people who created it?

That is a pretty good question, but probably not one the Pit can handle either sensibly or entertainingly.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Wormholes
I'm white, I'm not allowed to have a culture.

White people have culture. They're just dorky, so nobody wants to partake in them.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Wormholes
I'm white, I'm not allowed to have a culture.

Then what are Wes Anderson movies.
Quote by Wormholes
I'm a white American, I'm not allowed to have a culture.

FTFY
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
FTFY

Says the Australian.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Says the Australian.

Says the pommy sod
so drinking, riding kangaroos, AC/DC, V8s, football (Aussie rules football) and meat pies don't count as culture?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Says the pommy sod
so drinking, riding kangaroos, AC/DC, V8s, football (Aussie rules football) and meat pies don't count as culture?

Well, the meat pies count as culture, in a microbial sense.
Quote by Diemon Dave
lol white people are the only people I know (in large numbers) who think white culture is inferior or non-existent. it needs to stop tbh 'cause it's indirectly degrading towards all culture (perfect example: 'ew that shit is so white can't be associated with that lemme pull a nero galon on everyone that'll me look less white and therefore 'cooler' yeah?').
If I wanted to have a debate about important social concepts with people who don't understand what they actually are, I'd stay on tumblr.

Edit: Does that mean ETR is appropriating tumblr culture?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by slipknot5678
lol white people are the only people I know (in large numbers) who think white culture is inferior or non-existent. it needs to stop tbh 'cause it's indirectly degrading towards all culture (perfect example: 'ew that shit is so white can't be associated with that lemme pull a nero galon on everyone that'll me look less white and therefore 'cooler' yeah?').

White culture is not even a thing I mean French people, Polish people and English people are all "white" but all have completely different food, traditions, fashions and cultures.

Quote by necrosis1193
If I wanted to have a debate about important social concepts with people who don't understand what they actually are, I'd stay on tumblr.

Edit: Does that mean ETR is appropriating tumblr culture?

Tumblrites are all white, so you can't appropriate culture from people who don't have it.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Kind of a moot occurrence, IMHO. Positive in some manifestations (our legal system is a form of "cultural appropriation") and ludicrous in others (Rachel Dolezal.)

Like "globalization" I don't assign a specific positive or negative connotation to the term.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33485962
White culture is not even a thing I mean French people, Polish people and English people are all "white" but all have completely different food, traditions, fashions and cultures.

this is true for everyone (normally I put these terms in quotes for that reason)

shit's subjective. even what you're saying is false 'cause a large percentage of English, French, and Polish people aren't white.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG at #33485963
Tumblrites are all white, so you can't appropriate culture from people who don't have it.

I believe they prefer the term POVSC(People Of Very Slight Color), you literal shitlord
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by slipknot5678
this is true for everyone (normally I put these terms in quotes for that reason)

shit's subjective. even what you're saying is false 'cause a large percentage of English, French, and Polish people aren't white.

Well Poland is like 98% white actually

Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33485974
Well Poland is like 98% white actually

I'm aware but does that discredit the experiences of the remaining 2%?
Quote by slipknot5678 at #33485970

Now you're splitting hairs. Even I'm not this pedantic. There obviously isn't a culture specific to any one race, you just have to use the context to figure out to which culture people are referring. Think Asians: Filipinos, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian; Black: American, Caribbean, Ghana, South African, Kenyan; White: Spanish, American, England, Polish... etc.
Quote by So-Cal at #33485967
good video

4/10 tbh

Quote by chrismendiola at #33485999
Now you're splitting hairs. Even I'm not this pedantic. There obviously isn't a culture specific to any one race, you just have to use the context to figure out to which culture people are referring. Think Asians: Filipinos, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian; Black: American, Caribbean, Ghana, South African, Kenyan; White: Spanish, American, England, Polish... etc.

had a #cockatoopost in progress but who's gonna read that shit? lol

I'll just say that I disagree. this thinking can have pretty negative effects related to nationalism but also just identity in general. basically all those examples you gave me I got images of all different kinds of people. I know I'm stupid but I don't care.
What the heck is a #cockatoopost? You think you're the first silly nanny to write dumb long posts?
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 5