I'm admittedly a luddite who's frightened at the mere mention of "midi". I use a Quadraverb and love it, but I have no controller for it so it's typically either on or off, but it does quite a bit and I'd like to utilize it a bit more. I have no idea what I'm doing with anything midi, but I'd like to give it a try. I've seen large, multiswitch, multi expression pedal midi controllers but I'd prefer a smaller midi controller that could fit on my board, just something that could switch patches and maybe a single expression pedal would be ideal. I don't need a bajillion footswitches and absolute control that seem to be what the options I've noticed have.

Is there a smaller option? Just as a size example, I could probably squeeze something about the size of an L6 M9 or Boss ME25 or Zoom G3 on my board. I just need a bypass/on switch, patch change and maybe a single expression pedal. Any suggestions?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jul 5, 2015,
You could look for an old Boss FC-50. You can plug a couple of expression pedals into it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'd prefer something even smaller than that but that's a good point about the expression pedal.

What about the Tech 21 Midi Mouse? Anyone know if that would help me out?

There's a huge Behringer midi foot controller near me for sale, and I could probably get it in a trade, I just don't think I want something that big. I noticed there are diy kits. I may ask around the local shops, see if I can just get one made.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I have no experience with the Quadraverb, but looking at the back panel, it seems that you'll need a MIDI-controller with an integrated expression pedal (or a connection for one) should you want one. So in that case, the Midi Mouse wouldn't do what you want.

AFAIK, it should handle patch changes just fine. I'm not sure about bypassing though, but there is a connection for that on the Quadraverb. You could get a Boss FS-5 (make sure to check wether you need latching or non-latching) for that purpose I suppose, alongside the Midi Mouse.

Don't quote me on this by the way, I don't have any experience with either of the products in question.