Hi all, I've had my eye on some Iron Gear pups for this guitar but they don't seem to do f-spaced stuff. It seems this guitar should have an f-spaced in the bridge so will it be detrimental to use a regular spaced pup?
==========================================
Gear:
'85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS530
'85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS430
Vintage V300
Epiphone Dot with upgrades
Peavey Milestone III Bass
Peavey Classic VT100
Boss BD-2, DD-7, CH-1
from all i've read it's just cosmetic, but i haven't compared them myself.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its not a big deal but to clarify F-spaced / trembuckers (seymour duncans name for it) are used for guitars with pickups that have tremolos

this rule doesn't apply to
Dimarzio X2N
EMG 81 or 85 is built the same way and is why there is so many guitars with them in it stock
the seymour duncan invaders
dimarzio choppers or similar rail/blade single coil pickups

the idea of f-spacing is just to have the pickups perfectly under the strings. It's been debated to death that it's cosmetic and placebo. But if it's the same price what does it truly hurt.
Oh yeah I know, but the spacing between the top and bottom E is the same as a trem equipped f-spaced guitar with this, that's what's got me thinking this.

I might actually buy the Hammer Head pups now as they have large poles that would line up better.
==========================================
Gear:
'85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS530
'85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS430
Vintage V300
Epiphone Dot with upgrades
Peavey Milestone III Bass
Peavey Classic VT100
Boss BD-2, DD-7, CH-1
Hammer Head pups are pretty great, had one in a strat project of mine. Great amount of distortion while keeping clarity. Used a Rolling Mill neck humbucker with it.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals