Track title: Testing the waters
Link to track: https://soundcloud.com/andresjam/andres-testingthewaters

Hey there dudes!

Guess I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I wrote this track called "Testing the waters"

I'm still working on my voice and singing in key, but I'd appreciate any feedback you have to offer regarding the vocals as well as the mix, arrangement, instrumentation, and/or whatever else that captures your attention.

C4C: I'd be more than happy to check out your work. Please leave a link to the forum post or directly to your track.

Thanks so much guys
good to see and hear another song from you, great sounding stuff going on, there is a lot I like about it. The intro has great lead guitar phrasing all the way to 0:30. Then your voice kicks in and I can tell your voice has improved a bit from a few of the tracks previous, you're going to look back on this testing the water track in the future when your voice is admirable, and start to smirk and laugh, unfortunately I can not give you any advice on your vocals, mine are abysmal. The rhythm guitar that comes in at 0:42 after your voice sounds very fitting and fun great tone.

The stuff that stood out for me was at 1:53 when you play your vocal melody on your guitar. That was awesome you have a lot of potential to be a good entertaining musician if you just hone in on that connection between your voice and your instrument in a deeper way, I would pursue that if I were you I mean you may not end up like George Benson but... you never know . 2:12- 2:33..... that was some all-star phrasing man great job I envied some of those lines.

C4C- https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680826
Last edited by Fourfourforever at Jul 6, 2015,
Hey !!

Good as always =)
I like the "vintage sound" of your production especially on the intro and the lead parts. I think you used of lot of reverb and it adds space without being too much. The lead part gives a unique atmosphere to me and the vintage side.
The voice is good, I cannot really judge and give advice because I'm an awful singer. I just like it, maybe, a bit too shy in a way.

One last thing is that your song is too short haha, I think you can extend your song =)

So very nice production,

keep rockin'

Can you C4C mine ?

Orphenae - Pray the lord of chickens !

Cheers
First of all, thanks for checking out my track.

I like this tune. In your comment, you mentioned how you're still unsure about you're voice and are very self conscious about it. I'm going to talk about that first because I was the exact same way. Just recently have I begun to feel comfortable enough to be able to post recordings showcasing my voice. For me, it was a matter of realizing that the "bad" parts aren't everything. Take into account where your voice needs work, and use those observations next time, but don't dwell on it. That will only scare you into never recording anything again.
I don't believe that's a good idea. On your song "Testing the Waters" there wasn't a lot of vocals so I went and listened to a few other tracks to get a better idea of your voice. As I was doing that, it stuck out to me that you have a great feel for a song and the tracks I listened to all kept me captivated despite a really different musical taste. That's impressive to be able to hook someone in that typically doesn't like that type of music. From the snippets of your voice I heard that weren't layered with effects (it works though), I hear a lot of potential. It's difficult to give people tips without being in person so it might be a good idea to take a couple vocal lessons if situations permit. Just one or two and I'm sure you would see a noticeable difference. If I were to say one thing, it would be to make sure to sing from the diaphragm and keep the throat open. That will give you a less constricted, more confident sound even if you don't feel that way yet.

All in all, good work and keep it up!
Hi, thanks for the crit on mine. A nice vibe to this song. The drums are a bit flat but that is not really attributable to you, rather the program you're using. The lead guitar playing is great throughout. Nice tone and the thing that really stands out for me is the phrasing. Very nice.

The vocals are decent but it sounds like you're holding something back. I can't criticise as I can't sing for sh*t, hence all instrumentals! I think if you belted it out a bit more it would be great. Good track all in all.
Quote by silvadolla
Track title: Testing the waters
Link to track: https://soundcloud.com/andresjam/andres-testingthewaters

Hey there dudes!

Guess I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I wrote this track called "Testing the waters"

I'm still working on my voice and singing in key, but I'd appreciate any feedback you have to offer regarding the vocals as well as the mix, arrangement, instrumentation, and/or whatever else that captures your attention.

C4C: I'd be more than happy to check out your work. Please leave a link to the forum post or directly to your track.

Thanks so much guys

I'm really digging the instrumentals in Testing the Waters. The guitars in the intro and guitar work in the solo really catch my ear. Some changes in the mix in regards to vocals could improve the track overall, but the track has got real character.
Hi there dude, Love the vintage sound this song has but the absolute first thing I noticed that those drums are way to busy for this type of song, I really don't think the double bass suites this as it is at the moment. The overall sound of the song is great though I love the riff! and those squealing leads are awesome. Maybe a few more vocals here and there too? good track I can see it sounding even better once everything is finished

C4C my demo here, Thanks https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1681218