This is a special song for me. Since I started playing guitar about a year ago, I've written a couple songs but this was my first and remains my favorite. It's taken a long time to get around to actually recording it but I've finally done it.

I'm continuing to experiment with different things with Studio One. Featured in this track: different panning, virtual instruments (drums and bass), and I'm starting to get the hang of reverb and EQ. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/alex-partovi/creaky-hinges-original
Hey there,

For one of year of playing this track is very inspirational. Kudos for recording vocals. I am working on improving my voice and I'm extremely self-conscious about it. I enjoyed how this track builds up in intensity. The production and mix on this is also pretty impressive, though there were a couple times where I thought the vocals could be bumped a little bit.

Here are some sections that caught my attention:
0:10-0:40 Some of the squeaks from movement between the frets is a little harsh on the ears. I think you were aiming to get that raw, organic sound from it though.
1:05 I think the vocals can be bumped up a little bit here.
2:15 Lovely transition here. The layered vocals here really work.
3:55 Beautiful ending. Your playing style reminds me of Tommy Emmanuel.

Could you check out my track? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680840
Quote by silvadolla
Hey there,

For one of year of playing this track is very inspirational. Kudos for recording vocals. I am working on improving my voice and I'm extremely self-conscious about it. I enjoyed how this track builds up in intensity. The production and mix on this is also pretty impressive, though there were a couple times where I thought the vocals could be bumped a little bit.

Thank you sir! I appreciate the feedback. In regards to the beginning, I agree that the fret sounds were pretty harsh and despite wanting a raw sound like you said, the truth is that I just couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. I just posted anyway with the knowledge that it is a point to work on in the future. Thanks again and of course I'll check out your track.