I think it sounds beautiful and relaxing. The main chord progression has a really cool tone. And I also love female vocal sampling on chill tracks, such an elegant effect. I'm not a huge fan of the fast synth (?) parts that come in at about one minute mark and at 2:30. Those are the only things I'd drop, other than that there are some really pretty sounds and a hypnotizing atmosphere.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
It would actually be a solid track if you a) didn't have that synth because it was lousy sounding and too forward in the mix and just did not fit in and all and b) got over the "mathematically invigorating" crap. It's really not 12/10 no matter how much you say it is and in fact rhythmically it just sounds very unorganized, which ruins the flow of an otherwise fine tune.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I liked the saxophone solo. I programmed the notes to be the notes I wanted to hear and it is what it is. In your opinion it doesnt fit. It was in key. it was on time, and it laid down the final missing puzzle piece to complete the rhythm of the song. I could have used a different instrument preset, but I didnt want to.

One measure of music is 120 subunits. Each measure is divided into 10 "quarter note" pulses. These pulses are 12 subunits long. 10/12. It isnt anything else.

I can play quintuplets over 4/4 and if you subtracted everything but the quintuplets you wouldnt call that 4/4 anymore because you have 5 beats now. Now take those 5 beats and subvidide them by 3, 1-2-3, 2-2-3, 3-2-3, 4-2-3, 5-2-3. This is 5/3

Notationally, rather than using Cowell's elaborate series of notehead shapes, the same convention has been invoked as when normal tuplets are written; for example, one beat in 4
5 is written as a normal quarter note, four quarter notes complete the bar, but the whole bar lasts only 4/5 of a reference whole note, and a beat 1/5 of one (or 4/5 of a normal quarter note). This is notated in exactly the same way that one would write if one were writing the first four quarter notes of five quintuplet quarter notes.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I liked the saxophone solo. I programmed the notes to be the notes I wanted to hear and it is what it is. In your opinion it doesnt fit. It was in key. it was on time, and it laid down the final missing puzzle piece to complete the rhythm of the song. I could have used a different instrument preset, but I didnt want to.

That's cool, and music is subjective so since it's your song it's your opinion that matters. I myself would have enjoyed the song a lot more without the solo, but if you feel like it's cool it's cool.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Technobabble

I really don't want to comment on this anymore. You believe what you want, we believe what we want, you keep on making music and everything is fine. If you keep on doing tracks like this I'll keep on listening to them, I honestly enjoyed this a lot. We might have wildly differing opinions about theory but you used a lot of ideas in this song that I found really cool and which I could have used myself, so I guess from a completely emotional standpoint we're not that different.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here